Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire

sampire

165 replies to this topic

Mobidoy

Mobidoy

Orianna Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I am raising my Sampire (fencer) and got to say it really cleans up spawns fast. Ettins and earth Eles in Despice were piece of cake and raised my fencing from 40 to 60 pretty fast.

The only problem I see is the hit area weapons which do kill innocent prisoners without warning... Sampire is just too fast.

I have build the suit:

Rune Beetle Carapace
Mace and Shield reading glasses
Fey Leggings
Quiver of Infinity
Crimson Cincture
Conjurer's Trinket
with self made imbued ring, bracelet, sleeves, gloves and gorget.

You are talking about having 85 + DI before taking weapon into the equation. I can see how it can be done, Ring and Bracelet have a max of 25 DI each + Conjurer's Trinket which has 20 so, a max of 70.

Also, can you post an elaborate Sampire Fencer optimum equipment with stats etc.. and, which weapons should we have for any situations.

I don't mind how many resource it would take as it will give my Sampire some work (to gather the ingredients).

I wanted to ask you online last night but you were busy showing a Guildie the importance of speed (he is a Sword Sampire I think).

Great work btw... I just got back to the game (less than 2 months) and you are clear enough that I was able to build properly this killing machine.

PS: Enhancing weapon with Dull Copper do raise the durability but, it also adds lower requirements which counts toward Imbuing, so, 1 spot is taken and some imbuing weight with it.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I give you:
Grol Darkeye (link to MY UO character description)

You'll notice that he still has points of focus and parry left, but otherwise he's pretty much complete. I just have to train up the last 26 points, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Anyhow, stats:
100 Strength (after items, Grol has +2 strength on his suit somewhere)
110 Dexterity (Before items)
The rest in intelligence. I hadn't realized before right now that I haven't eaten any stat scroll on Grol, but I haven't missed the lack of stats either.

I do like your artifact combination, and I would use the rest of the imbue slots for resists, hit chance, defense chance, lower mana costs and stamina increase.

Your only weapon in your PvM arsenal should be a leafblade. It's quick (but I still use SSI), hits relatively decently, and has two excellent special moves for the sampire, feint and armor ignore. If you start making your collection, the imbues should all be identical:
Slayer (different for different situations or Hit Lower Attack for monsters with no slayer weakness)
Swing Speed increase
Hit Stamina Leech
Hit Mana Leech
Damage increase
Posted Image

Mobidoy

Mobidoy

Orianna Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I give you:
Grol Darkeye (link to MY UO character description)

You'll notice that he still has points of focus and parry left, but otherwise he's pretty much complete. I just have to train up the last 26 points, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Anyhow, stats:
100 Strength (after items, Grol has +2 strength on his suit somewhere)
110 Dexterity (Before items)
The rest in intelligence. I hadn't realized before right now that I haven't eaten any stat scroll on Grol, but I haven't missed the lack of stats either.

I do like your artifact combination, and I would use the rest of the imbue slots for resists, hit chance, defense chance, lower mana costs and stamina increase.

Your only weapon in your PvM arsenal should be a leafblade. It's quick (but I still use SSI), hits relatively decently, and has two excellent special moves for the sampire, feint and armor ignore. If you start making your collection, the imbues should all be identical:
Slayer (different for different situations or Hit Lower Attack for monsters with no slayer weakness)
Swing Speed increase
Hit Stamina Leech
Hit Mana Leech
Damage increase

I have input the numbers in Stratics calculator and I would need only 1% of SSI to get down to 1.25. I would like to know if it really worth it or should I use that Imbuing spot to add a hit effect, like Fireball or someting like that. Else I could go with 50% DI (weight 100), Slayer (Weight 110), 68% Mana leech (weight 110), 50% Stamina leech (weight 100) which total 420, so either I get 20% SSI for a weight of 72 or 38% HLD for a weight of 78 or 28% of hit Fireball for a weight of 78.

What would you suggest Master ;) ?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
First point: Any time anything hits you, your stamina drops. Keep that in mind when calculating your swing speed increase, and consider dexterity values of 30 or even 60 points under your maximum value.

That being said, my shown dex is 129, and my stamina is 144. That's considered a bit on the low side, but it keeps me in high swing speed ranges most of the time. (I actually lifted my dex to 120 in order to have faster heal times...

Point #2: Never ever put a spell effect on a slayer weapon. There's an old bug where a spell effect and the damage increase from slayer are mutually exclusive. So hit-spell actually penalizes your slayer weapon damage.

Apart from that, your weapon choice is up to you.
Posted Image

KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI

Gold/Account Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Very very useful thread. Thanks to all who have posted, I'm working on putting together a Sampire.

:cool

Mobidoy

Mobidoy

Orianna Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I went to the SA Ratman and got to admit that A Sampire Fencer has it easy :)

I had another question, when you get in Vampire form, the fire resist drops to 45, if I imbue the suit to have 95 total fire resist, would that work ? Not that i want to make it but sometimes with ingeniousity !!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
yes you can over-build a suit to overcome resist changes due to spells :)

KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI

Gold/Account Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

yes you can over-build a suit to overcome resist changes due to spells :)

That is awesome! I didn't know you can do that :reye

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yep, I have a dexxer suit that overcomes necromancer curses, so I still have 70s if I get corpse skinned.

Milamber

Milamber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Curious.. You do not mention any Life Leech on the weapon.
You rely entirely on the 20% Life Leech from the Vampire Form?
[URL="http://s5.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=17182"][/URL]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Confidence and potions for emergencies, but ...

Yes. But when you're hitting for 100 damage (my leafblade hits for 90's critical or armor ignore), then you recover 20 damage each hit. And since you hit more often than monster opponents, it takes a pretty lucky monster to actually kill a badly played sampire.
Posted Image

Mobidoy

Mobidoy

Orianna Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
As Farsight say, I hit for 170 on Ratman in SA and for about 140 on Renowned, the fight may last for 5 minutes with the renowned but not once do I need to heal, use pot or anything else. Mana and Stamina are always full with the leech on Leafblade and Vampire take care of the healing...

Tfactor

Tfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Curious.. You do not mention any Life Leech on the weapon.
You rely entirely on the 20% Life Leech from the Vampire Form?

For the really large encounters with peerless that can hit increasingly hard, putting life leech on the weapon can help tremendously.

I have 68% life/mana, 50%stam, 34 Hit Lower Attack, Dragon Slayer weapon for example that destroys the Stygian Dragon. Before I put the life leech on the weapon it was much more difficult to recover at times from his massive attacks.

The only real reason I have dragon slayer is after about 250 runic hammers it was the first 100% cold weapon damage leafblade I was able to make with skills that I needed :)

And I must say, crafting a 100% fire, energy, poison weapon was also very helpful as a sampire. Relying to heavily on Concecrate weapon can not only be tedious, but after a nasty mana drain and concecrate fading you'll find it difficult to regen if your fighting a creature with real high physical resists.

Truth be told this guide is fantastic for getting started, but after you learn the class, there are sooooo many things you will need to do if you plan on soloing the high end encounters with creatures that can typically kill you in 1 shot (sometimes even while feinted). And relying to heavily on a swamp dragon will hinder people who are fighting creatures that Dismount you (many high end bosses do so).

For fighting your everyday "tough" guy creature though, basic sampire setups can be most excellent.

colesey09

colesey09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I cant see that anyone has mentioned it but the best set up when creating your sampire is a human female. (In my humble opinion).

Not only will this allow you to solo the abyss spawn but you will also be able to complete the spellweaving quest and utilise the JoaT bonus that humans get to cast, arcane circle, gift of renewal, attunement and natures fury, all with no skill.

With a strength 6 focus crystal in your back pack, gift of renewal will heal 11 HP every 2 seconds and attunement will allow you to absorb over 40 hp of damage. With that kind of HPR/sponge like ability, plus your leeches, plus your evades, you are almost unkillable.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Your opinion is noted.

And ignored... OK, just kidding.

My own "main" Sampire is a human male. My Europa Sampire is an elvish male and my Drachenfels Sampire is an Elvish female. Europa and Drachs are the non-healing variety as well. All three are effective, and they all have advantages.

Since I don't care for the abyss spawn, the gender doesn't really affect me all that much, but if you do ever want to make that spawn, you will make a female character. Semidar has 100% reflect damage against male characters, making her impossible to kill.

I'm also running an experiment with gargoyle sampires, but training is slow with no resources and nobody helping out. The idea is to have throwing, tactics, necromancy, bushido, anatomy and chivalry in order to maximize ranged damage and never have to get in close to the enemy. I suspect that it will be great against monsters like Paroxysmus.
Posted Image

colesey09

colesey09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I only mention the abyss spawn because the Glads collar (if your lucky enough to get one) is a very handy addition to any sampire suit.

That sounds like a pretty insane template! A friend of mine mentioned he was going to try and put together a disco samp. If he could work it then that also could be a very quick peerless killer.

Mary

Mary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi all

Oriana

Oriana

Guildmistress, Gentle Rest Inn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Would there be any value whatsoever in having a gargoyle sampire?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Absolutely!

Now, I haven't done it myself (I started the character, got bored and went back to piracy... Arr!), but I have paid attention to the other loud-mouthed "experts" I know, and from past experience with the sampire concept as well as the inclusion of throwing in the mix, I've learned that the gargoyle sampire is REALLY stinkin' effective.

Picture this:
120 Throwing
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necromancy (60 is actually better in this case)
100 Spirit Speak
80-ish Chivalry

Now you have everything that the other Sampires have except for the need to get up close and personal with your opponent. And to make matters even better, the Soul Glaive leaves quite a mark when thrown properly. I've heard of damage outputs reported (and verified) which are only outdone by archery weapons.

Sure, there are other things you have to consider (such as the possibility of adding swords to the mix), but overall, the gargish necromancer/warrior is quite the good idea.
Posted Image

Randalthor

Randalthor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Would it be possible to use a scroll or after you cast mana vampire to put necro back on a stone then add another skill? is it really necessary for the skill to be 99-100 and if so why? Thanks

Reply to this topic