Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire

sampire

165 replies to this topic

nfefx

nfefx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Farsight my sampire is still training but i've finished his starter suit with aegis of grace, heart of the lion, etc.All i've come up with for weapons so far though is a Soul Seeker. I want to get a ornate axe but I don't have access to my own crafter/imbuer. I could get someone in my guild to do it but i'm not entirely sure about the process.

Do you start with a magic weapon that has the base stats you want or do you just start with a normal crafted exceptional? Also when you say:

The modifications you're looking for on all of these weapons are swing speed increase, mana leech, stamina leech and either hit lower attack or hit lower defense. The last could be replaced with a slayer property if needed.

does that mean no DI? Or is it just assumed you want to put DI on every weapon you have?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Soul Seeker's one disadvantage is it's lack of DI. You need to get it elsewhere - jewelry, and the artifact gloves that have it are common sources, as is the primer on arms talisman.

DI is not absolutely necessary on your weapon, but if it doesnt have it, consider that you'll need it from other sources. Factor what you're potentially losing in those spots when considering what weapon to use.

As an example, Soul Seeker is amazing against reponds, but if you're mostly fighting other stuff, another weapon with DI might be better. Soul Seeker is a perfect new sampire weapon because it's cheap, and ogre lords are an easy target with high fame.

colesey09

colesey09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The only arties i use for the armour on my samp are Mace & Shield, conjurers trinket, Crimmy, RBC, Conjurers Garb and QOI.

The rest are imbued items made around the glasses and the RBC. For a starter suit (after you have the arties), for your imbued armour parts craft them with a normal sewing kit from barbed leather. On 2 pieces you want double figure resists in all except fire and the other 2 all except poison. Put your 5 mods on, SI, MI, MR 1, LMC 5 or 6 and then the fire or poison resist (any imbuer worth their salt can do that with theyr eyes closed). The regs for this wont be very expensive as your not going top end on the mods and/or are easily farmable, The Pof may set you back a bit tho.

Then for your jewelery, put on exactly what you would imagine. I have fire resist at 13% on both my jewels and +12 chiv on my brace. The other mods are HCI, DCI, DI. Again without maxing the mods your gonna save gold yet be effective in the field.

Imbued super slayer weapons can be pricey tho. Pof, 10 Relics and 30 void orb is going set you back the best part of 2.5m if not more.

I like to use a radiant scimitar for the spawns (if your doing it right you shouldnt need to pot) and a katana for the boss, double hit and armour ignore for specials come in very handy, whilst chugging and evading.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

The only arties i use for the armour on my samp are Mace & Shield, conjurers trinket, Crimmy, RBC, Conjurers Garb and QOI.

The rest are imbued items made around the glasses and the RBC. For a starter suit (after you have the arties), for your imbued armour parts craft them with a normal sewing kit from barbed leather. On 2 pieces you want double figure resists in all except fire and the other 2 all except poison. Put your 5 mods on, SI, MI, MR 1, LMC 5 or 6 and then the fire or poison resist (any imbuer worth their salt can do that with theyr eyes closed). The regs for this wont be very expensive as your not going top end on the mods and/or are easily farmable, The Pof may set you back a bit tho.

Then for your jewelery, put on exactly what you would imagine. I have fire resist at 13% on both my jewels and +12 chiv on my brace. The other mods are HCI, DCI, DI. Again without maxing the mods your gonna save gold yet be effective in the field.

Imbued super slayer weapons can be pricey tho. Pof, 10 Relics and 30 void orb is going set you back the best part of 2.5m if not more.

I like to use a radiant scimitar for the spawns (if your doing it right you should need to pot) and a katana for the boss, double hit and armour ignore for specials come in very handy, whilst chugging and evading.

Well put!

I actually don't bother with POF on most of my armor pieces if I don't have anything imbued to 100%. If I can replace them within a couple of hours of normal play, then I don't bother with expensive additions like powders of fortification. (or if the POF is more expensive than the item I'm imbuing)

On the other hand, I have a nearly bottomless pit of high end gear available to me, so I use very few imbued non-weapon, non-jewelry pieces.
Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
*tunnels into Farsight's pit and thiefs a few choice items*

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
HAR!

Not my pit, but if you ever need anything, just kill Aneirin for it! Er... ask Aneirin for it.

Yeah... ask...
Posted Image

nfefx

nfefx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Guess I need to train imbuing, tailoring, and blacksmithy before I can really gear this template the way I want. As I earn gold with my other templates to upgrade pieces on my sampire it's like I have to switch my entire suit around to compensate. Like "oh I can't buy this upgrade cause then i'll drop under 70 x resist and have to re-imbue this piece over here which means finding someone in guild/general chat and paying them to craft/imbue me a piece".

It's really turning into a massive pain in the !!! to gear and I haven't even really gotten to the point where I can make any cash with my sampire yet. Maybe this template is best left for those with bottomless bank accounts where you can afford to constantly switch around pieces as you have fully trained crafters, unlimited supplies, and pits like Farsight.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Back up a bit.

Head to the basics again.

45% DCI, all 65 or more resists and you have a sampire-ready suit for ALL aspects of the game.

All of this imbuing, stamina, lower mana costs, hit chance increase, damage increase, etc is just gravy.

On Europa and Drachenfels, where my pit really isn't so bottomless, my Sampires wear Aegis of Grace, the elf version of fey leggings and the rest is mid-level runic made items, and they do just fine! (total suit costs - less than a million)
Posted Image

nfefx

nfefx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
By just fine do you mean capable of solo peerless and doom? Because that's the only reason I built this template. :)

I am almost done training, swords and bushido at 115 because I refuse to pay 8 mil for 120s, but I caught a cheap parry scroll. I guess I do need to just slow down and finish training first then see what i'm capable of before I worry about gear more.

But as I said I didn't build this template to kill ogres and farm abyss mats I have chars for that already I want to solo named.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
great info there, thx:O

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The basic suit/template is conditional. (max 115 skill, only 45% DCI)

It can handle Dread Horn, struggle against Paroxy, annihilate a Baracoon spawn, even do well against Oaks. It makes farming named Mondain's Legacy monsters a cakewalk, which is what you'll need to do a lot of to get to the big guys.

But the powerful suit (lost of stamina increase, lower mana costs, hit lower defense on the glasses, hit point increase and all 70's, hit chance increase (all and/or)) makes things so much easier.
Posted Image

colesey09

colesey09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
If you want to test yourself to see whether or not your ready to tackle a DH, then attempt to solo a CU paragon. That should give you good marker.

As a by word, i was talking to a friend of mine re samps and we agreed that if you can fit the new arties (legs & cloak) along with the dinamos helm, turquoise ring and jade armband on to your suit, you could use an ornate axe to hit every 1.25 secs. That is gonna give insane damage and the dreadhorn would go down sub 10 mins!

I think you'd have to build it as an out an out peerless suit tho and have your regular champ spawn suit too.

PS farsight, i'm on europa, so if need a hand anytime, let me know.

Tfactor

Tfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
What is a dinamos helm? I can't find any info on such a thing

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

What is a dinamos helm? I can't find any info on such a thing

I think he means Daimyo's Helm, which is a Treasures of Tokuno artifact that grants SSI 10 but otherwise is pretty terrible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Tfactor

Tfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've noticed several people on this thread talk about only using 1h weapon so parry being worthless. Per Stratics parry with 1h weapon is only about 5% less effective then parry with a 2h weapon.

I'd def love to know which is accurate.

For Example, Big willy on page 2 lists a set of skills/abilities I have a hard time figuring out how I could replicate..

Then he goes on to state that He stoped using parry because he didn't use a shield anyway.

I know that Bushido lestens your chance to parry with a shield. 120parry, 120bushido = Chance to parry with a shield 5%. Its worthless.

Per Stratics the same 120's with a 1h weapon = 35% // 2h weapon = 40% (with 133 dex unbuffed).

Where as 120 parry with a shield and NO bushido gives a 35% chance

Anyway.. I'm learning enough to see contradictions in what some say and not enough to really know.. might just come down to trying it all for myself :)

That being said if someone who has already spent the time to test this stuff knows that'd be great!

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The stratics formulas are correct. At 120 skill, 40% parry with 2 handed, 35% with one handed, 5% with shield.
Posted Image

Tfactor

Tfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The stratics formulas are correct. At 120 skill, 40% parry with 2 handed, 35% with one handed, 5% with shield.

Cool, now.. you seem to be someone people look up to for class builds. I did notice in your "My new template" post you mentioned the 1h weapon so parry not mattering.

Why does parry not matter in that case with the above parry data? Just trying to best understand it and I appreciate all your help!

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
My current favorite sampire template has healing instead of parry, so it doesn't matter if I use a one handed or two handed weapon. Since I chose fencing, I get the critical special move "feint" with a one handed weapon, the leafblade. This leaves me with a hand free to use potions in the rare case that my leeching, healing and confidence doesn't keep me high in hit points.

Then if you throw math at the issue, against an opponent who has 100 wrestling (Dread Horn only has 90!), parry only blocks a total of 8-12% of the total blows (depending on if hit lower attack is active), so you're only hit an average of once in every 12.5 seconds extra. (according to the stratics combat calculator

That is significant to some, but not to others. And since my tactic is to be useful in groups as well as alone, having healing instead of parry lets me heal the person standing next to me and still be a tank.

Parry is still a great skill to have, and the template in the original guide is still able to kill nearly everything in game (maybe not the Stygian Dragon, Lady Mel or the Slasher of Veils), but for my purposes, the healing-instead-of-parry version works best.
Posted Image

Tfactor

Tfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Fantastic.. thats was extremeley helpful. Thanks a lot for that info.

If you happen to see this.. I'd like to know for example how your sampire could do against a Mel, or lets say Rikktor for example.

My sampire has the skills and is very well geared with the ideal peices etc. But, Rikktor straight up wupped my butt .. I couldn't even begin to stand toe to toe with that dragon.

I figure I'm missing some things. I noticed you said confidence.. which I thought only worked off of parrys (Per UO Guide).

What you said makes me think confidence actually works off just dodging an attack.. Be it parry or natural dodge. If thats the case that would be very helpful and I've never used the skill as I don't have parry on my samp either and figured it worthless.

Additionally, I wasn't using a Feint weapon on Rikktor which I feel might have made a huge difference (as well as a dragon slayer weapon probably.)

Which leaves me with either Bukotu or the 2h sword for Feint.

Then I saw the post about Katana's for double attack.. All in all a very interesting class to play with and learn.. Its the learning part I think I need to do now!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Farsight is the sampire master. :)

Reply to this topic