Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

FoF: Gargoyles Can Fly

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You mentioned you have an intern working on stygian abyss. What all do you have interns for? Im sure many people are interested in working on UO or taking a look behind the scenes.

Electronic Arts has a great internship program. Ultima Online was able to get one of those interns this summer. He has been working directly with the engineering team on Stygian Abyss. For more information regarding Electronic Arts’ internship program you can go here: https://jobs.ea.com/...usa/intern.aspx
-Supreem

--

Are there any intentions of allowing reds into Ilshenar, Tokuno and Malas with SA (Still trammel rules)

There are no plans to allow reds into non-Felucca facets at this time.
-Sakkarah

--

Will there be new peerless hunts in SA?

There are new peerless-type encounters in SA: the Slasher of Veils, the Stygian Dragon, Medusa and Navrey Night-Eyes.
-Sakkarah

--

Will Gargoyles be able to use pack animals when mining and collecting wood if there crafters/gatherers?

Absolutely. Gargoyles can have the same pets humans and elves do. They simply cannot ride them.
-Sakkarah

--

Will the SA expansion for 2d users be patched the same way that ML was patched?

We plan to patch up all existing classic (2d) client installs to support the Stygian Abyss expansion. In other words, you shouldn’t need to download a new installer to access the expansion content. This could change however. If it does, we will let you know!
-Supreem

--

Announcements:

The developers participated in a House of Commons chat last night with Stratics. Click here to see the full chat log.

--

We will still be accepting screeen shots for the contest over the weekend so if you haven't submitted one yet here are the details. Remember the winner will get 30 days game time added to their account!

--

Do you have questions for the Five on Friday? If so click here to submit them.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Well that was useless. Boo.

~M

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Maybe she was in a hurry?
Altho lol @ "broke the dev team" in the chat.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Not entirely useless.

At least now I know that they can blame the intern for everything that goes wrong when the expansion finally gets released.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Why do you think these companies keep interns around??

Job 1: Coffee fetcher
Job 2: Scapegoat

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
couldn't help but notice that there weren't actually any questions concerning gargoyles and flying
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Interns are a valuable resource in any organization. While they don't have years of experience or wisom under their belt yet, they can often bring in fresh ideas and think outside of the box because they havent become institutionalized or entrenched in their thinking(yet, lol). If they are recent grades from good programs, they can sometimes also bring in knowledge of cutting edge technologies or practices. Plus, on top of all that, they are still young, broke and hungry and thus full of enthusiasm and 14 hour days, heh with almost no complaining. If anything, I think it's a promising sign that UO is still getting a piece of this type of resource within EA rather than being thrown into maintenance mode with zero innovation. Dog on the interns all you want, but if I was looking to staff a team, I'd certainly make sure an intern was part of it. Besides, everyone's gotta get their start somewhere.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Well that was useless. Boo.

~M

Well, I found this information quite interesting:
"There are new peerless-type encounters in SA: the Slasher of Veils, the Stygian Dragon, Medusa and Navrey Night-Eyes."

I'm looking forward to these. But if they are in the trammel ruleset part of the abyss and also rather hard, people will stick to farm melisande in fel for good loot.

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

couldn't help but notice that there weren't actually any questions concerning gargoyles and flying

I think that might have been a reference to all the complaints about gargoyle movement questions being repeatedly, er... repeated in previous FoFs.

I thought it was an interesting FoF - not in Beta, so all the info on SA is new to me.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

"There are new peerless-type encounters in SA: the Slasher of Veils, the Stygian Dragon, Medusa and Navrey Night-Eyes."

I'm looking forward to these. But if they are in the trammel ruleset part of the abyss and also rather hard, people will stick to farm melisande in fel for good loot.

I wasn't aware that different parts of the abyss would be in different rulesets. I rather thought that it would be part of trammel and be mirrored in felucca.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I'm not sure what I can say without breaking the NDA, but it has been stated officially that parts of the Abyss will be PvP areas.

And if they say parts of the abyss, this means in reverse that the rest will be trammel ruleset :)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
kinda nice for the pvp types, since the last 3-4 expansions have been all pvm

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
they won't be making any large-scale PVP areas (fel-sized, anyway), due to the fact that they don't want it to be too spread out - away from the moongates, fel is dead enough as it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

For once.

-Galen's player

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I disagree. First of all, not everyone wants to deal with Fel. Secondly, we can surely hope that there are special loots for these new creatures.

-Galen's player

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I wasn't aware that different parts of the abyss would be in different rulesets. I rather thought that it would be part of trammel and be mirrored in felucca.

The champ spawn areas will be in a new Felucca rules map.

The rest is in a new Trammel rules map.

-Galen's player

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

they won't be making any large-scale PVP areas (fel-sized, anyway), due to the fact that they don't want it to be too spread out - away from the moongates, fel is dead enough as it is.

Good point. The only places anyone ever goes in fel these days is Yew Gate, faction towns, and champ spawns.