Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Our New Design

- - - - - design

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Salem

Salem

Koblittabom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
My sister Cricket and I redid our house on Legends. Its just southeast of Skara Brae in Trammel. I am kinda proud of the little cave we made (thanks to a design I saw in the keep of the Legendary Romanovs). If you look closely you will see a couple of green eyes looking out. Not sure what is supposed to live in there, but I don't dare go and find out. Hehe. We wanted our place to look like a little village of some kind. It's called Salem's Lot on the sign, after me and some old horror book my sister says somebody wrote back in the old days.

Posted Image
Posted Image

SoccerMom

SoccerMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Looks good!

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Does look very nice and the cave does look very cool.....could always be the monster called Envy living in there.... :grin:

LLAMA!
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Nice house Salem! Very nice
*is jealous*

My idea of a "home" in UO, is an 18x18 dirt plot, lol

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
"Salem's Lot on the sign, after me and some old horror book my sister says somebody wrote back in the old days"

:laugh: that is one way to make some of us feel really old :laugh:

Wonderful work on the individual buildings and iIt does look like a little village.

*chuckling ... somebody just might want to read Salem's Lot, by Stephen King, to know why her sister would say such a thing ... :cheesy:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Cassie

Cassie

I'm high on life, can't you tell?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

It's called Salem's Lot on the sign, after me and some old horror book my sister says somebody wrote back in the old days.

Posted Image

Um..that'd be Salem's Lot, by Stephen King and it's not THAT old old....otherwise that means I am! *pouts*

Actually I think it was the first Stephen King book I borrowed from my school library (high school) and you had to ask behind the counter, they didn't keep them 'out'.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Wow.. sure am glad I am not the only one who thinks the reference as "the old days" was a bit of a stretch. Salem's Lot .... sheesh.. old days??? ok... I'm not THAT ancient. Wonder what era Salem and her sis would think "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" came from.....

BTW... its a very cool looking house. :)

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests
VERY nice! I especially like the cave. I know what lives there! The cookie monster... watch out Queen Mum!

Gala

Gala

I Poke Dots

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
loat looks cool :) i needa work on my house sometime.. at the moment its pretty much a blank plot (ok it has walls).. well both of them are blank plots :) anywho... good job :)

Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Very nice job!

*mutters about "old days" indeed*
I am a huge Stephen King buff. I have read everything he has ever written, and right now am reading his new one "Cell." If you are into old King, with the scary stuff, then check it out.

Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I liked the house very much and have to agree, the book is not that old is it? Cant be that long ago I read it but then my 30 year High School reunion is coming up fast

Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
My middle daughter used to have a 'thing' for all things 'King'... she hasn't hit 30 yet..... and she wasn't an infant when she started reading them either :X

~

~

Salem

Salem

Koblittabom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

My middle daughter used to have a 'thing' for all things 'King'... she hasn't hit 30 yet..... and she wasn't an infant when she started reading them either :X

Okay, okay, okay. I give up. I will go out and find this book so I can read it. I will let you know what I think once I finish it.

Just don't tell anybody else I give in this easy. Hehe.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Please take note... It is Stephen King... and it IS Horror... with all the Twists of any of his works. :laugh:

~

~

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
BTW Salem, I think your sig is hilarious!

HarvestGod

HarvestGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Fantastic house design!!

Celsius

Celsius

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I love your lil village =)
If you prefer to start off with a "tame" Stephen King, the one to try is "The Eyes of the Dragon" a fantasy type he wrote for he's daughter =)

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
Nice work on the house Salem...and to your sister as well. I remember Salem's Lot as well...not the book but the movie. I was too scared to watch it so I went upstairs and played Yahtzee! BOO!

Thaelyn

Thaelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
That's a really cool house. I always like to see people with 18x18 or other large lots do something different than the typical 18x18 4 story square!

The village or town type lots with multiple buildings are my favorites. :)

Guest_Sandra Lee_*

Guest_Sandra Lee_*
  • Guests
Very nice. I gotta start working outside the box.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design