Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

OOC: The Hanse Davion Mage Challenge! Prizes to be won!

- - - - - challenge davion hanse mage ooc prizes won

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Jhonas Adraldor

Jhonas Adraldor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I don't have it, I do fine against mages...

Yes, but without it, certain tactics can be used against you.

Jhonas Adraldor

Jhonas Adraldor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I don't play a mage, I like the game to be a challenge. ;)

If you dont play mages, how do you know the game(rp) wont be challenging?

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Don't get him started Jhonas, Hedlyn is very much set in his ways :P

Edit: Also have updated the statistics here. Currently 43 challenges with 0 winners. Over 5 million has been raised for the HLP fund. Challengers are still encouraged to come and try their luck.

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Olk Samsca

Olk Samsca

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,076 posts
Magic resist has its perks, but the principle one is an immunity to paralyse in large battles. I guess theoretically you can get around that anyway but it seems the main concern. From the perspective of 1v1 it doesn't matter so much, on a warrior atleast, as bandages and potions operate independently of paralyse.

It would matter a bit more perhaps if necromancy was more common, as a number of necromantic spells are much more potent on people without resist, but I don't think the number of Necromancers you are likely to meet gets into double figures. Then again you have the fact that Necromancy is alot less potent when you can remove curses at will and effectively for free.

As it is I still think a necro-mage probably has the best shot against this Davion, but building one from scratch to test this idea seems a somewhat time consuming process.

Escaflowne/Balgus

Escaflowne/Balgus

Ironclaw Commander of Minoc [:M:]

• Members
  • 5,561 posts
Jhonas could, he has like every skill on soulstones :P

J06K4AG.png

Amber Lockheart

Amber Lockheart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I could also try the necro mage reason i don't rate them as a template is because I like my healing and alchemy on a mage temp *Shurgs*

I would however like to try this challenge out there is but one problem I'm green to Hanse hence forth can't use my normal tactics against him *Grins* and Hanse knows which tactic I am talking about also

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Update: This challenge is still open to any takers, and Alchemy mages are (of course) permitted. Record still stands at over fourty attempts, zero winners and a fistful of newbies with a helping hand starting out in UO as a result. Also, in response to Amber's concerns it should be noted that for members of the Vesper Alliance, we do have a testing guild which can be warred and un-warred to facilitate the challenge should AoE mechanics be part of your template.

As always can simply ICQ me at 325-452-832 in order to challenge.

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: challenge, davion, hanse, mage, ooc, prizes, won