Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Template Anyone?

- - - - - template

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

UnStopable

UnStopable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
So with the launch of SA comeing up i decided "hey why not start the new expansion off with a new char?" Sounded pretty cool seemed fun :D, but then the tricky part hit what do i make him/her :huh ? I know a gargoyle but template wise i mean come on there are so many out there that you heard of and havent heard of. The purpose for this char is going to be PVM but i want something different and this is where you all come in. Throw me some ideas im down to try them out.
Archer Pally Samurai, I rape event/champ spawns =)

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
My first character will be something along these lines:

120 Throwing
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
120 Bushido
80 Chivalry
80 Mysticism
100 Imbuing

I'm making the assumption that Mysticism and Throwing will have power scrolls and Imbuing won't, although obviously I'm not really enthralled with the high-end Mysticism stuff for this kind of character. I'll probably use some rings to bump up tactics and anatomy if I can find some good ones.

UnStopable

UnStopable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hmmm i havent read anything on the new skills would you mind summing them up for me?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
http://www.uoherald....ls/throwing.php

This is all that can currently be revealed about the skills imbuing, mysticism and throwing.

As for a template, mine will likely be:
110 magery
115 eval
115 meditaion
100 (or more if possible) imbuing
as much mysticism as I can find scrolls for
120 spellweaving

That is what my budget can fit right now, unless I get a power scroll the "natural" way, this will be my template. Any leftover points will go toward either anatomy (defensive wrestle, so I won't be dependant on mage weapons) or chivalry.

My second SA character will have throwing, tactics and um... some other skills. It may be an echo of my current archer (TBC, Throwing, bushido, chivalry).

UnStopable

UnStopable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i still dont understand the imbuing skill lol but the throwing and mysticism are pretty sweet not gonna lie lol

so im thinking for a template just gonna put that as 100 for now

throwing 100
tactics 100
mysticism 100
eval int 100 (considering mysticism works as magery)
meditation 100
resist??? of if anyone can give me a better idea

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

i still dont understand the imbuing skill lol but the throwing and mysticism are pretty sweet not gonna lie lol

so im thinking for a template just gonna put that as 100 for now

throwing 100
tactics 100
mysticism 100
eval int 100 (considering mysticism works as magery)
meditation 100
resist??? of if anyone can give me a better idea

I would re-think not having imbuing on your character.
According to
http://www.uoherald....s/mysticism.php

the damage done with mysticism is dependant on your Eval and Imbuing skill. The higher the imbuing the better damage output.

I am thinking along these lines
Throwing will have to be on a gargoyle--no other race will be able to handle the weapons but I think mysiticism and imbuing would be a perfect fit for a mage.
I doubt that I will try and put throwing on the same char as myticism because trying to get int and dex both high enough to be effective might be pretty difficult.

But if I did--this is what I might try
120 throwing
100 tactics
100 anat
100 mysticism
100 imbuing
100 eval
90 med

Just a suggestion =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UnStopable

UnStopable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i still dont understand the description that the website tells me about imbuing if someone could just tell me exactly what it does that would be great.

probly to start my char ill do

mysticism 100
eval 100
imbuing 100
med 100

then ill work from that just a start and as i go on ill throw 2 more skills at him, i feel this will be a great start though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template