Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Pet Magic Resistace

- - - - - magic pet resistace

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tamer King

Tamer King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok i have been thinking about this idea for a very very long time now and feel that it has very little if any flaws so im gonna go ahead and put it out there.

I believe that pet Resisting Spells as it is currently is flawed, offering very little in regards for actual use to any tamer beyond looks and pride.

I propose that Resist Spells work for pets like it does players, raising there base natural resist to a point, that point being possibly a base of 44 in every resist at gm.

I feel that this will effect the balance of the game very little, most larger pets already have more then 44 in every resist thereby making this chance nonexistant for them except in extreme cases (very bad resist rolls) however for smaller pets Nightmares, Hell Hounds, etc the changes would be very large but still not harm the current balance.

Example - I currently have a pack of Hell Hounds every one of there resists is under 44 they can easily be dispatched with a single aoe spell, or two aoe special weapon moves, This change would allow them to survive three instead of two making less of a liability in both a pvp and a pvm environment.

44 to every resist is marginal at best as anyone can tell you however for pets that may have little to no resist to a certain damage type it could mean the difference between being one hit killed or two hits.

As i said for larger pets this will have very little impact at all if any, at worst it will allow a pet to be slightly more rounded in the foes they are capable of surviving against, but the difference is so small that you wont be seeing players taking a Cu Sidhe to fight Ancient Wyrm paragons any time soon or something crazy like that.

Well Hope you all like the idea, Hopefully ill have more to come i want to flesh out and look into the others more however.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Beware the Ostards...

I think the problem is more in implementation than it is balance. I think it'd be a good thing to have WW's get some fire resist and for most other pets to have some kind of defense.

Tamer King

Tamer King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Not sure if anyone even cares since only one person has saw fit to reply but i just thought of another reason as to why this should be implemented.

Pre AoS Resisting Spells allowed both characters and pets to fully resist any spell and it's effects, with the inclusion of AoS the skill it's self and the way spells were defended against were changed drastically.

Gone was the ability to resist a spell in its entirety, now one has the ability to minimilize the damage taken from damage spells through resists given from armor and spells, however pets do not have this option and are therefore at a extreme disadvantage when it comes to minimalizing damage taken from spells.

Larger pet's again have very little to worry about this change they have high resists and a great deal of health, however again smaller pets the ones who's life maxes out at around 125 and who's resists are generally under 20 in any given damage type can be killed by the most basic of spells cast even by a mediocre skilled player or monster.

In short with the inclusion of AoS all defenses against magic attacks as they were were removed and yet only the players received any form of compensation for this loss while player pets were left high and dry.

Reiver

Reiver

Preceptor of Silver Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
You know I like this idea and even pondered it myself however i beleive if its same as players it would only be 40% in all resists.. but hell that would make low end pets much more entertaining

Elaine

Elaine

The Poison Pixie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
Would be neat, my little kitty cat finally having resists worth mentioning...

Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I've always yearned for a change like as my friends and I have created a slew of quirky tamer characters. It would be great if those quirky pets got resistance boosts from Magic Resistance. It is the first skill I work up on all my pets as it is easy to raise with spellbinders and it will max out their strength and dexterity. If it boosted their resists as well, it would just be the cherry on the sunday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magic, pet, resistace