Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Trash Cans in New Haven

- - - - - cans haven trash

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Guest_Amon_*

Guest_Amon_*
  • Guests
Is it possible someone can place a Trash can like they have in Moonglow and Britain for the city of New Haven? It would be helpful when you have so much junk in your bag or bank :)
Amon

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I can agree with this. As a recent new player, I sometimes appreciated free items found in New Haven. That said, most of it is just worthless junk.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
A lot of times I'd drop things on the ground, thinking maybe a newbie could use them, or at least scrounge thru and sell something for a few bucks. Some stuff is just plain useless tho. A trash can could come in handy.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
The only trash can I know of would be one that deletes the item?

If that's what you have in mind, I would argue this is a bad idea.

Stuff left on the ground at New Haven is a great way for noobs, and new characters played by non-noobs to get decent gear. The "Noob Artifacts," as I call the New Haven quest reward items, really suck, and aren't even good for noobs.

If you want to delete your items, instead of place them on the ground for others to grab, there's already options for this. Brit; Moonglow; Luna, and other places I believe.

If you mean something else that I'm not aware of, please specify. Otherwise? New Haven's ground should continue to be littered with spare gear. Sometimes it's not even stuff that can be worn, it's stuff that can be sold and/or stuff like Power Scrolls or Scrolls of Transcendence! Anything that can be useful to someone, but neither used nor profitably sold by the dropper.

-Galen's player

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
If it's of genuine use to a new player then people will still have the option of putting the items on the ground. The trash cans would be a nice place to throw those books, candles, and misc. bits of junk you get when you make a new character.

As for the new haven rewards being bad, that's about half-true. The armor pieces all need about 20 more resists to be on-par with exceptional armor, and a few weapons are on the slow and wimpy side. Give them all an extra 10% DI and change the No-Dachi, War Mace, and Longsword to a Daisho, Mace, and Katana.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Almost everything can be sold (those books included)

I believe they didn't put a trash can in new haven for a reason and I agree with it.

If you don't want to leave it for another, go elsewhere.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
One players trash is another players treasure!
Will never forget the treasures found when I was a newcomer :)

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Yeah! You rock Queen Mum!

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
yeah i was at new haven the other day some guy dropped a bag w/ a bunch of 110 and 115 power scrolls, some useful to me including Resist spells, necromancy, etc.. and i sold a swordmanship one for 60k :)

Naxatilor

Naxatilor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I usually leave the medium loot in New Haven, and sometimes repair deeds, stuff I no longer have any room for, like old LRC pieces, deco items, et cetera.

I like the noob artifacts. Jacob's pickaxe, the hammer of Hephaestus and Amelia's toolbox are very useful, especially the toolbox - it's the fel miners' friend. I use the silver serpent blade from the stealth quest or Jockles' quicksword from the swords quest as 'newbified daggers' - especially the silver serpent one, it's neat.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
The quicksword is terrible. 3.5 with only 10% SSI. I'd rather buy a butcher's knife and not even care if I died with it.

Also, unless that Swordsmanship scroll was a 105 then you sold it for 60k because you way underpriced it. =P As far as I can tell, Swords scrolls are second only to Magery scrolls when it comes to the most expensive scrolls in the game.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Seems you all missed the pillar in the center of the plaza...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
powerscroll markets are...odd, and vary server by server.

Powerscrolls below 120s arent worth much on cats, heh. Most of the vets have the ones they need, and the market is/was flooded with 115s and 110s a while back.

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Yep, EA let the market flood again.

I've been giving away 105s and 110s for a long time.

They get to 110 level and then are hooked. That occassional missed swing or spell fart can't happen. Nooo, they just need a little more, like a 115 or 120!

That's where my vendor comes in handy. :D

So many things have flooded the market. It now all about the cold, hard clinking of gold coins! The heck with the virtues.

"Inside my goody-two shoes are some pretty dirty socks"
Darla

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Remember when Luna was supposed to be an honorable city of paladins? :P

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Seems you all missed the pillar in the center of the plaza...

ummmm nope ... the pillar on Sonoma is a nice decorative item .... doesn't do anything but look pretty :)

*anything special you can tell us? pweeeease =)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Its the same on Cats, I have no idea what he is talking about.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I know that 105's and 110's aren't worth much. My guild actually keeps a couple of chests full of power scrolls just for guild members. It really annoys me when someone loots them all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cans, haven, trash