Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Other monsters dropping cloak of corruption?

- - - - - cloak corruption dropping monsters

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

dragonsbane

dragonsbane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Ok, so last night im fighting rune beatles and picking up ToT minors, i notice one slot in my pack gets passed up so i put my pointer over it and it was a cloak of corruption, I have only fought 3 or 4 Shadowlords and that was with about 2,000 greater dragons there(seemed like that many anyway). Im using just a dex swordsman and find it hard to believe i was a top 3 damager, im hitting 10-25 damge points in the 20-30 seconds the whole battle lasts. So i was wondering if anybody else has gotten one fighting monsters or if infact i was a top 3 damager? i ended up trading it in for a cloak of power :)

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
You were a top 3 damager, or something was not working as intended.

The Cloak of Corruption is the Manifestation's garment, it shouldn't drop from anything else.

-Galen's player

dragonsbane

dragonsbane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Yeah it's weird, I can't imagine i was doing that much damage to the shadowlord especially with all the GD's hitting but i guess i did or somthing gliched like you said, oh well either way im just stoked i got one, figured i would have to drop some serious coin to buy one from a vendor.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
GDs actually don't do as much damage as a decent Mage or ABC, especially given that the manifestations are very resistant to physical and fire damage. If you were using Lightning Strike then it's very possible you were top 3 thanks to your criticals and just didn't notice.

Muu Bin

Muu Bin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Were you casting the Armageddon spell? If you were spamming with the lot of them, it is very possible that you were the one who actually cast it. If you were spamming the spell... check your backpack and see if you are missing a piece of blackrock. This is exactly what happened to me. I was surprised to see a cloak pop into my backpack and then realized why when I saw I was missing a piece of blackrock. Got lucky this time! :P

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
the power of GDs isnt the fact that they do mega damage - its that they dont die. Many templates will kill faster than a tamer, but the tamer can take down bigger stuff using the dragon to mitigate damage.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

the power of GDs isnt the fact that they do mega damage - its that they dont die. Many templates will kill faster than a tamer, but the tamer can take down bigger stuff using the dragon to mitigate damage.

Against SLs there's just not that much damage to mitigate, though. They go down very fast, especially if someone brings a Rune Beetle, so bringing a G.Dragon to one of these fights really is a waste.

dragonsbane

dragonsbane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
I didn't use the armageddon spell, i think i just got really lucky

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Against SLs there's just not that much damage to mitigate, though. They go down very fast, especially if someone brings a Rune Beetle, so bringing a G.Dragon to one of these fights really is a waste.

If you want a Cloak of Corruption, probably.

Unless of course you also get off an Armageddon spell along with it.

However, GDs are a good way to ensure you get looting rights. And looting rights are all you need for a Treasure of Tokuno (and those things are said to drop Mempos of Fortune more often than other critters), and a chance at set items.

Useless? I'd argue no....But definitely a bad way to get a Cloak if that's your goal, unless of course it's early in the morning/late at night and there's a limited number of people there!

-Galen's player

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I got cloaks with my greater even when not being the one to light up the blackrock. I do have a fantastic dragon though (4.4 on the pet power calculator + 119 wrestling) and I back him up with spamming mind blast.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

I got cloaks with my greater even when not being the one to light up the blackrock. I do have a fantastic dragon though (4.4 on the pet power calculator + 119 wrestling) and I back him up with spamming mind blast.

If you want a tanking dragon, the first thing you should look at are it's Physical, Fire, and Energy resistances, then look at it's Wrestling and Resisting Spells skills, and only after that do you even think about HP.

On the other hand, if you want a damage-dealing dragon, the first thing you look at is it's Strength and it's Tactics. After that you look at Wrestling and Intelligence, probably depending more on what other skills you have, and then finally after all that you consider HP for the dragon's Fire Breath.

What am I saying all this for? I want to point out that pet power calculators are BS. We have two different goals here, the only common numbers between the two being the Dragon's Wrestling score and then after considering everything else it's HP. Further, we're only considering the HP because of the Dragon's Fire Breath attack. The amount of HP possessed by a Rune Beetle has absolutely no bearing on it's real quality as a pet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cloak, corruption, dropping, monsters