Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

SA Open Beta Client

- - - - - beta client open sa

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Ulfgar

Ulfgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have installed the open client, but I am unable to get the patcher to work. Then when I try to start it again, it tells me it is running. I have windows Vista 32 bit. Any help would be great.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
It took a couple of minutes for it to fire up the patcher page for me, but it is patching now. Is it still not working for you?

Ulfgar

Ulfgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Still nothing happens. I have uninstalled it, ran crap cleaner, redownloaded it, and tried to reinstall. Started it up again, nothing happens, try to start it again, and it said that it is already running.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
It took about 2 minutes from finishing the patcher install until the patch window showed up. During that time it appeared to already be downloading files.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Ulfgar

Ulfgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Patcher has been "running" for 19 minutes and still I cannot see anything

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Ctrl-Alt-Delete and end the uopatch.bin process and try again.

I had the same problem. Now my problem is that the patching is taking forever. I downloaded the client over 3 hours ago and it's still patching, although I suspect that this is mostly because the link from the sticky isn't the entire client, but just the patcher and enough data to download/install the game via the patcher.

If EAMythic can't get good enough server performance to manage more than ~100kbps downloads, then they should put a p2p client in the patcher so that the game can check for up-to-dateness and then download the patch data from multiple sources. AFAIK this is now pretty much the standard when it comes to digital game distribution.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
When i started it it didn't "SHOW" so i /ctl /alt /del it said it was rinning i went to process hit show file location and it poped up where i could see it. and its dling now

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Ulfgar

Ulfgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
uopatch.bin starts but then just stops

Caffeine

Caffeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
Yeah took a long time to patch/download. Tried it a bit and I like it so far. It does seem to be a merging of the KR and 2D clients. Set up macros for one of my characters so far and was much easier than KR. I like being able to zoom in and out. I have to play around with it more, but so far it definitely seems more accessible than KR and if making the hotkeys/macros goes as easy for my other characters, I might even switch off 2D (been a fan of 2D for over 9 years, hard to teach an old fdog new tricks). I ran around a little in some lower level dungeons (not all macros done yet) and playability seemed good too. I am surprisingly optimistic. :)

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
87%... *twitch*

Ulfgar

Ulfgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
the problem is I cannot patch

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Launch the patcher. If nothing shows up, double-click it again just to make sure it's running. If it says it is, then give it a couple minutes. If nothing happens, end the process and try again. If you're on an older computer, it might take longer.

Windows computers don't adhere to the same rules as real life. If you do the same thing over and over again on a Windows computer, you *should* expect a different result. :P

GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

uopatch.bin starts but then just stops

I am the same, I start it and it quits, can only think that the server is a bit overloaded. will try again on my other computers.

GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Looks like the patcher does not like 64bit windows, but seems to run ok on my small computer with 32 bit windows 7 RC

Warrior of Time

Warrior of Time

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am running Vista and had to change from Vista Aero to standard. Cured a number of things for me. For some reason UO don't like Aero
Jesus the king of kings is coming

GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I am running Vista and had to change from Vista Aero to standard. Cured a number of things for me. For some reason UO don't like Aero

Just retried on my 64bit machines again without Aero running and all is fine, on Vista64 and Windows 7 64bit, so looks like as you say it don't like Aero much, sloppy coding really when you think of it, most software auto changes from Aero to standard settings, hopefully they will sort that once SA is officially released.

Ulfgar

Ulfgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Still no luck for me. Patcher starts but never appears, restart and it says it is already running. On closing error message you can see the patcher for a mere second. I hope SA is not like this when it is released>:(

Ulfgar

Ulfgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I could post a picture of the patch log full of failures but I doubt it would do any good.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I have been running it on 32 bit windows 7 for a while now

Did not try 32 bit.

- Run as administrator.
- Check your firewalls.
- try setting compatibility mode.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
34%...ugh. Then again I'm at work uploading my laptop, so not like I'm sitting in front of the screen watching.....ummm...yes I am...lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"