Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

FAQ - New UO Client Open Beta.

- - - - - beta client faq open uo

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

paladin3333

paladin3333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
kr is very excelent, i ll never understand why the project have been lost!

Kr is veru fast, easy to use... i have been really enjoy to play with KR! Caracters and mapping is absolutly fantastic compare to the shit of 2D. I started to really play to uo since 2001 and i never liked the 2d because I have never found the magic ambient of ultima 7 & 8 with the client 2d.

The first version of Third dawn was really good, and i don't understand why players don't liked it. i have never got lag with thid dawn after somes patch.

KR is the same thing, the graphical dev have do a realy nice work! and now, i ll must play with a version of SA who look like to 2d, a version i don't like it.

If for somes players, the graphical art is not important,that is not my point of view! Personnaly, i don't wait a new uo game with the last engine of crysis... but i wait an univers who respect the world of ultima like i know it in the saga.

Kr look like to ultima8 and ultima7. And i love to play with this univers.

Client 2d is old and riddiculous! Try ultima 7 with emulator exult in 1280X1024, this old game is more old but more nice than UO 2D.

Kr got interessing macro tools, and this software just need a big patch for correct the system crach and the others bugs.

Lot of players see kr lagged on their computers there is 3 years ago, but now, it's very fast on all recent machine.

Mays be a new TRUE ultima online go out when all players will stop to play at ultima online.

How much we were in 1998 to play at uo? And actually, how many players have we lost ?

Since Ea games have get back the project, ultima online decay years after years! origine have create treasure in 10 years, and ea game have transformed it in shit in 3 years.

The only serious project who created it, they stopped it for make a new BIG shit.:X

Well of course that only my personnal point of view.

If SA is the new client who delete KR, i ll delete my account.
I have closed my account 4 years, and opened it back for play with KR! so imagine how it's stress full for me to read all of this.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

If SA is the new client who delete KR, i ll delete my account.
I have closed my account 4 years, and opened it back for play with KR! so imagine how it's stress full for me to read all of this.

You can obviously read English, so put that skill to work. Just like everyone is trying to say, the SA client is in BETA; at least 3 months away from being a finished product. Also, KR was a disaster in that the only thing it improved over the 2D client was the graphics while it made everything else a lot worse.

Besides, if you like the KR client then you can still have many of the same interface options the KR client does in SA (I know because I turned just about all of it off when I first launched it). You seriously need to just chill out and do what we're all doing: use the in-game bug report.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

How much we were in 1998 to play at uo? And actually, how many players have we lost ?

Since Ea games have get back the project, ultima online decay years after years! origine have create treasure in 10 years, and ea game have transformed it in shit in 3 years.

First of all, Third Dawn sucked, personal opinion there. Anytime that you require a new client to just enter into the new lands (ilshenar) while being able to play with the old client in the old lands is just stupid.

UO at its peak, though EAMythic has never released ANY official numbers was around 300,000 paying accounts. There were a few news notes when UO passed 250,000 subsrcibers, but never any exact number. Best guess now, from various sources, is that there are around 70,000 p(L)ayers. With about 70% in Asian market with the other 30% spread out between North America and Europe.

EA has always run/owned UO. When it was first released back in 1997, Origin Systems Incorporated (OSI) was completely owned by EA. EA allowed Lord British and company to just run UO as an indendant branch within the greater EA empire. Then (in a thumbnail review) EA removed OSI independant status, moved everyting to EARedwood (California, USA) after Lord British quit/got fired, who knows exactly, several versions of the story. Few years later, EA purchased Mythic Entertainment, the makers of Dark Age of Camelot, one of UO direct competitors. Mythic was given the same treatment as OSI. A few years of independence, then subsumed in the greater EA empire and rename EAMythic. These are the people running UO today. At the time of the buyout/merger, I said that it was like giving the Coca-Cola guys charge of the Pepsi guys cause they merged. Or visa versa, either way you piss off some loyal followers.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
my gp, KR to me was unplayable and I have 2 good machinces ( 1 desktop and 1 laptop). I'm actually enjoying SA, it's really not that different than KR but it's playable. Sure I've found some annoying things, but this is the beta and now is the time for everyone to help improve it. They can only do so much behind the scenes, it needs to be in open beta because we all know that there are massive amounts of different computer configurations out there and the only way to get it all up to par is to play it and report it.

Saying you'll quit if X doesn't happen isn't productive at all.
All IMHO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Guest_sativa1234_*

Guest_sativa1234_*
  • Guests
i like the 2d paper doll and char in game the ones in sa look like
stick people they are just awful looking as for the art in sa its good
i want to keep my char and not look like some cartoon.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yes! If something annoys you in SA...click on main menu, click on bug report - and tell EA! :)

thats what its for...

Vectus

Vectus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
EA is abandoning KR way to early.. Its way better than 3rd Dawn and if they just put the time into KR that they have put into SA that client would be much much better. This is just another case of EA having no concrete direction they want to take UO.

Emma Silvermane

Emma Silvermane

RBG Recruiter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
All I Got To Say .. Is It Was Curtians For Emma Silvermane In UO.. After The Month I Had With Uo And Having To Use That SA client .. Had They Not Done The SA Classic .. I Feel Sure Uo Days For Me Woulda Been Numbered .. I Have Been And Always Will Be A 2d Supporter... I Didnt Like The KR ... Sa Is Better But Laggy As Hell. So Thank You Ea For THe Classic Client. I Spent 4 Hours Up There Last Night It Was Fun I Had A blast
Posted Image

Lady Luna Rossa

Lady Luna Rossa

Retired Mystical Being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

All I Got To Say .. Is It Was Curtians For Emma Silvermane In UO.. After The Month I Had With Uo And Having To Use That SA client .. Had They Not Done The SA Classic .. I Feel Sure Uo Days For Me Woulda Been Numbered .. I Have Been And Always Will Be A 2d Supporter... I Didnt Like The KR ... Sa Is Better But Laggy As Hell. So Thank You Ea For THe Classic Client. I Spent 4 Hours Up There Last Night It Was Fun I Had A blast

I agree! I thought I could see the end of my UO days before me...and I just got back, but EA saved the day with the SA Classic!

Well done! My faith has been restored!

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
They've said all along you could play the SA expansion with the 2d client!

Lady Luna Rossa

Lady Luna Rossa

Retired Mystical Being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

They've said all along you could play the SA expansion with the 2d client!

True, however, I have experienced gaming companies making ALOT of promises only to fall short when push came to shove.

I needed to see if to believe it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta, client, faq, open, uo