Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Making a UO comeback... (left in 2002)

- - - - - 2002 comeback left making uo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Aftermath

Aftermath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi everyone,

Im giving UO another shot after leaving in 2002. Pre AOS.

The game has changed SO much! it looks so different, yet Moonglow bank is still in the same spot! :)

I suppose im looking for a guild, a decently active guild. im more of a casual gamer now.

Any tips/tricks? good guilds to look for?

-Aftermath

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I'm on Atlantic. If you send to my ICQ, I will get it when I get home. Can answer any questions then.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Welcome to UOForums Aftermath (and welcome back to UO :P)
  • Aftermath likes this

Aftermath

Aftermath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks Adam and Darla.

I've played a couple hours and made another Mage/Tamer like the "original" Aftermath a long time ago.

Seeing all the new equipment and new features in the game make me wonder why I ever left!

I left to play Star Wars Galaxies, played that for about a year or two.

Then quickly moved to EQ2 and became one of the world wide top raiders. (college years)

After college, and joining the real world, i quickly realized i dont have time for the time commitment that raiding at that level required, so i left the game.

I tried WAR, and was completely unimpressed. I came back to UO (giving it a shot) as this was always my first home, persay. and I missed the balance and fun that it provided in late 1998 until i left.

Looking forward to some casual gameplay, and maybe meeting up with an active guild to give this comeback a decent shot.

-Aftermath

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea it's changed a heck of a lot since AOS came out
The item system was majorly redone and expansions since then have just added to the complexity of it all, heh.
What kinda play style do you enjoy? PVM? PVP?

Aftermath

Aftermath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Yea it's changed a heck of a lot since AOS came out
The item system was majorly redone and expansions since then have just added to the complexity of it all, heh.
What kinda play style do you enjoy? PVM? PVP?

I would say i enjoy a mix of each. I enjoy leveling ym characters up, but before I quit I was obsessed with Factions. So the PvP system is important. I played a 7x Nox Mage...

is that still a viable build?

I had an account with the following, before selling it in 2002.

7x Thief
7x Tamer
7x Bard
7x Nox Mage

if i remember correctly. I thought i had a crafter too, but dont recall.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ahh, an ebil pvp'er :P

No idea on PVP builds to be honest. there's some good templates in our PVP area - http://www.uoforums.com/uo-pvp/

Aftermath

Aftermath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Ahh, an ebil pvp'er :P

No idea on PVP builds to be honest. there's some good templates in our PVP area - http://www.uoforums.com/uo-pvp/

Thanks for the link, i will take a peek.

At this point, with limited play time, i will probably give some PVE/RP a go and see what happens. :)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
If you want to combine the two, and you can manage the time difference you can do some Rp-PvP on europa :)

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Cool, I just came back last week myself I'm on Atlantic as well. I stopped playing in like 2001. :)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Welcome to UOForums Zal and welcome back, to UO!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2002, comeback, left, making, uo