Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The new home I've been working on

- - - - - home working

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I recently found a good 18x18 spot south of my tower which is nestled next to the hedge maze. I've decided to go with a farm house, which caused me some grief with roofing, it was my first attempt at it. It's not decorated as of yet, but here is the finished design. If anyone has any deco suggestions, I'd gladly take them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I like it. fits perfectly in the woods :)

Also, I like houses with multiple buildings and big yards.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Looks good so far :)

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Looks good! Outside in the front stable you can put one of the horse statue's, a water trough and some scattered hay.

I would also keep some of the "winter" trees in reserve so you can change those as the seasons change.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Lobber

Lobber

Level Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
My suggestion is simply stick to one theme, and you appear to be doing that well. If you are going for the woodsman or farmer look, avoid like the plague anything that breaks a persons "suspension of disbelief." Fine job on that house by the way!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
youre also going to want to custom the grass into snow in winter - when 'winter' comes, UO will shift all the grass tiles to snow tiles, and itll stick out like a sore thumb if you don't.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I've got a ton of snow to put down for winter, but thanks Corvak! I also have a set of apple tree's with no leaves for fall/winter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
interesting note: if you build the deeded trees from the buyable tokens from uogamecodes in fel - they have no leaves, like normal fel trees.

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Where'd ya get the scarecrow? That is awesome! I like your design so far.

I might suggest an apple or two on the ground under trees, unless the colors are off. Also, pick some wheat from fields if you want a crop - you can pass through them, so they won't block movement. You can also buy a more refined looking wheat sheaf from farmers and possibly provisioners, but they do block movement.

Additionally, fill an open barrel with water for a rain barrel. Alternatively, bring an empty pitcher and go to the stables in Minoc. There you can empty a half-barrel and pick it up. I can't seem to refill it, but perhaps you could drop it down, lock it, then drop fruits and/or veggies on top of it to create a bushel of produce for your farm. A thief can steal some varieties of produce - some are off center from the ones you can buy, and would cover the opening nicely.

As a bit of a sight gag, I bought a dirt patch and am using it as 'dung' in my stable.

EDIT: You are on Catskills, and not far from where I live - I have an 18x17 near the Hedge Maze. Since I have a thief, I can easily steal some produce for you (no charge) if you need any.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
great design, might have to pinch a few ideas and redesign my own home.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Not a problem and glad you like the look Warsong! Maeglid, I also own the house that is just north of the farm (my mage tower) and right below the maze. Where's your place? I plan on opening up my Mage Tower to the public, being an old sentimentalist from the original Mage Tower days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I am in a clearing with a number of other houses straight down from the hedgemaze (I always the compass wrong when I can't see it). Head straight down (screenwise) and look for a (currently) private house called The Fourth Haven - my fourth home location. I've moved a lot, and will again if I can get a bigger plot and/or storage.

Would love to see the tower when it is open. :)

EDIT: Hopped into game to check... compass direction is SE.

Lobber

Lobber

Level Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I like it, I especially like the apple trees. Something my farm is missing:
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Awesome farm/house Lobber.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
That, is a LOT of plants.

Lobber

Lobber

Level Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
That is why I call it a farm. :D

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Looks nice Lobber. I would change the ground under the forge and anvil to a rough ground look. Not much grass growing around a forge me thinks. The scarecrow deco is always good for a farm
Just a thought

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I usually put paving stones under my forge. If my area is big I put dirt, and border it with gray paving stones, because theres no grass-dirt transitions.

The elven stuff fits on grass, however, but I dont like the look of it

Lobber

Lobber

Level Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I'll have to see if I can blend it with the tier to the north of the forge, where there is a second level of the farm, but the illusion is that it extends further north than normal.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Ahhh, I see it now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: home, working