Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Lack Of Decay

- - - - - decay lack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
A few months ago I got a letter from my bank. A bunch of info had been compromised, and while they assured me that I wasn't in that group, they sent me a new checkcard, PIN, etc, just in case. I went thru and changed the billing info on all my stuff, so I thought. I pay for UO every three months, so the lack of it showing on my statement didn't bother me.

I tried to log in UO last night, and was locked out. I went to see about my account, and noticed it had been suspended since March. Egads! My first thought was about my house, with all the vet rewards and everything else in it. I paid my account and logged in, to see if my house spot was still open at least.

My house was still standing, along with all the stuff and junk I have collected in it. Not to mention my neighbor's house was still there too, and she quit the game late last year. I would have hated to lose my things (yeah I am a packrat) but how long are homes standing before going IDOC these days? Mine was there 4 months. My neighbor's is there for about 8 months now, with no sign of decay. That's stretching it a bit.

Lord_of_Rage

Lord_of_Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
I have been waiting for an ol' buddies house to fall for years... I hoped it would so I could place my castle over it. Still nothing. So I hold 3 houses in that area waiting for one of them to fall. I think it's ridiculous... Dont get me wrong, I think it's awesome that you got back in time for your items. At the same time, we the loyal paying customers should get dibs on that land that is being unused. A never ending battle it seems.

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
And here I was under the impression that the 3 month rule was still in effect.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I had an inactive account for a year and the house still stood. When it started to finally wear out, I reactivated teh account and all was saved. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grimiz

grimiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Smoke and Mirrors.

It seems like UO are trying to maintain the semblance that the game still has a lot of active accounts since there isn't any room to place a large house. If all the houses decayed when the account went inactive there would be a lot less clutter.
Free MMO guild hosting (without ads) at guildtag.com

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
The decay timer is currently bugged. I've seen old friends houses collapses frequently throughout the past year or two; everything from Castles to 18x18s. But one of my friends who owned a little shack outside of Umbra deactivated her account for three years, and came back to find the house still standing.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: decay, lack