Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Balance Issue in Publish 59

- - - - - 59 balance issue publish

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
*points to the power button on the monitor*

its like suicide, except all the problems stop without you dying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

*points to the power button on the monitor*

its like suicide, except all the problems stop without you dying.

Too funny Bel.. I agree... And my apologies to anyone I offended!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
At the risk of dragging this thread back on topic... (=D)

Wouldn't the +2 to all stats be far better in the long run than HP regen 1? Even the DCI?

Help me understand in a constructive way, please.

My favorite will always be the +10 stealth, though. I dig free stealth points. Pretty soon, I'm gonna be able to have 120 stealth with zero real skill, I just know it!

~M

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Wouldn't the +2 to all stats be far better in the long run than HP regen 1? Even the DCI?

My favorite will always be the +10 stealth, though. I dig free stealth points. Pretty soon, I'm gonna be able to have 120 stealth with zero real skill, I just know it!

~M

At the time I first authored my post, I was going with the first draft of the items, wherein it was +1 to all stats, and the other cloak had +1 HCI, DCI, and SDI.

Both those I would argue pales compared to 1 HP regen. When you think about it, HP Regen basically adds more "oomph" to whatever form of healing you use, which is really powerful. What your Strength starts out at is of no value when you're 1 HP away from dying.

The current, active draft of the items, however, is far more balanced.

I have a Cloak of Death. 3 HCI, 3 DCI, 3 SDI.

-Galen's player

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Thanks, Galen.

~M

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

~M

+2 All Stats is basically +2 HP, +2 Stamina, and +2 Mana with exceedingly minor bonuses to Damage and Mana Regen. That puts this cloak about on par with a +5 HP Robe, but the effect just ends there. Once you lose 2 HP, 2 stamina, and 2 mana, the robe has essentially been expended for that fight.

On the other hand, even if it's a robe with just HP Regen 1, then every 10 seconds you get another point of HP. It has a notable impact on a fight beyond the first exchange of blows. With the Robe of Power, that becomes even more true since you'll be hitting in melee 3% more often, be hit 3% less often, and deal 3% more damage with spells, possibly causing your damage output to overpower an extra HP Regen 1 and likely preventing at least 1 damage per 10 seconds.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

... I dig free stealth points. Pretty soon, I'm gonna be able to have 120 stealth with zero real skill, I just know it!

~M

*An Corp Thread*

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I remembered this statement from Magister when I saw this item: Royal Guard Investigator [Replica]

Looks like you came a small step closer to your goal :)

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I know - I've been trying to get it...but the RNG hates me...still...always.

~M

angelababy

angelababy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
From what I can tell, Ogre Lords are the only faction monsters that have any business mixing it up in PvP in the first place, and the ones summoned by the Cloak of Command are weak. What we sometimes call a cloak - is really a cape.let people discuss the same things over and over again if they want, we don't need to participate.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
hang on people actually use the cloak of command?????? why when there is a only one real item that should take up that slot and thats the quiver of infinity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 59, balance, issue, publish