Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Custom-Fit Arty Clothing (don't know how hard this'd be...)

- - - - - arty clothing customfit hard thisd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Here's the idea...

Let's say you really like the Crimson Cincture. I mean, who doesn't? It's basically free stats. Of course, some people might feel that a giant splotch of red over their crotch isn't very fashionable. For those people, I offer this idea.

High skill tailors can eventually 're-tailor' clothing. That is, they can take a half-apron and turn it into something else that fits in the belt slot like an obi.

That's not all. If your Robe of the Eclipse is covering too much then you can turn it into a Hakama-shita or if it's not covering enough you can turn it into a Shroud or Elven Robe.

Consequences for failure? None. It should require and be 100% successful at Legendary Tailoring, simply because it's a purely cosmetic change in all cases. Or, if that's to common, it could be made into some form of Vet Reward, Anniversary Gift, Redemption Reward (like Spring Cleaning), or something else similar to how engraving tools work.

Anyway, here's an obligatory list of the affected items and what they can be turned into (if the list is incomplete then please fill me in!):

Overshirts:
-Jester Suit
-Tunic
-Surcoat
-Body Sash
-Jin-Baori
-Doublet

Belts:
-Woodland Belt
-Half-Apron
-Full Apron
-Obi

Robes:
-Robe
-Shroud
-Elven Robe
-Female Elven Robe
-Plain Dress
-Fancy Dress
-Male Kimono
-Female Kimono
-Kamishimo

Boots:
-Sandals
-Boots
-Shoes
-Thigh Boots
-Fur Boots
-Waraji and Tabi
-Ninja Tabi
-Elven Boots

I only listed the ones that have artifacts in the same category. If artifacts later come into play that involve, say, Kilts, then those could be adjusted as well.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
I see where you are going with this. I like it, except when not make it available as a deed (like a tailoring repair one), which can only be crafted by legendary tailors. That way you do not have to hand over your item to any other character and you do not have to search around, spamming for a tailor in game to fix your item.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
On the contrary! I miss the time where you actually had to interact with other players. Nowadays you just buy deeds and stuff and it's all anonymous.

One way or the other: the basic idea is good! I like it.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
The best idea I read in a while... promotes diversity and does not touches item balance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I agree. I'm for anything that promotes character customization.

Thorodin

Thorodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Excellent idea! It gets my vote and I hope this idea gets read and is developed. They have made the armor all dyeable so that we can choose the best available pieces and not make the set look piecemeal. This would allow us to use the arties and still make our characters look the way we want, stick to an asian or other theme etc. and doesnt have any unbalancing issues. I am for the deed form.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Sounds good to me! The deed form would work easiest probably.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arty, clothing, customfit, hard, thisd