Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ascension - Ultima Inspired Power Metal

- - - - - ascension inspired metal power ultima

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Ascension_metal

Ascension_metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there

Just thought some of you may be interested in this, a Band from the UK called Ascension! we are inspired greatly by ultima, particularly in our songs Moongate, and Blackthorne. We also have a few songs in production called The Avatar, and By the virtues, heavily inspired by ultima

Our EP " The moongate " is out now, and is also heavily inspired by Ultima, although i will say, not all our songs are about Ultima haha :P youll see a lot of Ultima References in our artwork and our songs, and i just thought some of you may like it :) the first song you will hear on our myspace is called Time for war, which isnt about ultima, but the song moongate heavily circulates around Ultima VI so hopefully some of you will like it :)

www.myspace.com/ascensionbanduk

Hope you enjoy :)

- Ricki Ascension

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
That's just awesome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Oooh I might just pop along to JB's to have a listen to them in Sept.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Wow nice =) I used to call the Moongates the PMS (public moongate system), based on how you had to wait for changes lolol =) and um based on other moody things I've witnessed *ducks out of way*

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Actually the old moongates did seem to have PMS :P

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Would be cool to have a band like Ascension at a UO Town Hall or a "MythicFest". ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
hint hint EA... :)

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Hehe or have them record a quest completion wav =) (or something to replace the awful magical flute thing lol)

Ascension_metal

Ascension_metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
haha that would be so awesome :)

thanks for everyones good words so far. we always used to say if there was ever to be an Ultima Movie ( lol ) we should totally record the soundtrack :P haha

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
I am truly awestruck.

Hilariously awesome.

Moturdrn

Moturdrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Oooh I might just pop along to JB's to have a listen to them in Sept.

You're not the only one Tabbs, may be tempted to head back to that place of fun myself for this :D

Posted Image

Ascension_metal

Ascension_metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That would be so awesome if folk came along for that

although i have to tell you, That date is part of a 3 day festival, so tickets are a wee bit pricey :P due to blaze bayley and others playing that night

but im sure you can get a friday only ticket :) not entirely sure how much that is though. if your really keen to come though, we promise not to disappoint ;)

we're very showmanship orientated and alongside the ultima inspired songs we do a lil bit of ultima themed acting to, in places heh :P

Guest_Doc Ascension_*

Guest_Doc Ascension_*
  • Guests
Hey all, it's Doc here - guitarist in Ascension and the source of all the Ultima inspiration! I used to play U4 - U9 all the time when I was younger... brilliant games and story!

Anyway I just thought I'd post some of the lyrics to the songs so you can see the story we are telling! This one is for Moongate, which is inspired on the opening scene from Ultima 6 where the red moongate rises and the Avatar is captured by the gargoyles...

Moongate - Ascension

VERSE 1
The night's sharp fall had stirred my fear
As the storm surrounds and strikes the ground
In a flash of light the gate appeared
The red floods all around

BRIDGE 1
I stand before my destiny
One step is all it takes
I've waited long now for this day
Drawn in, i can't escape

But in my heart I know it’s true
This it my path, to see it through
I leave my love and hate behind
Step through the gate to find…

CHORUS 1
I must leave this world behind
for a journey through space and time
I feel strong in the moon gate's shine
I know I must leave my home
But I don't know the way to go
I am drawn by the moon gate's glow

VERSE 2
Now I've arrived, my quest begins
and I look to find, the place I'm in
Is a strange new world, I have to grasp
My life begins at last!

BRIDGE 2

CHORUS 2

MegaMongbat

MegaMongbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
That's bloody fantastic...

While I have to admit the vocals do need quite a bit of work when it comes to keeping tone, I absolutely love it! If your album won't be out in my own country, I'll be importing it!

Keep up the good work and I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys tour Europe. :)

Ascension_metal

Ascension_metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
aye my singings not that good on the moongate EP unfortunatly

Im a much better vocalist in our new songs Time for war, and Durins bane! which are now uploaded to the myspace also :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ascension, inspired, metal, power, ultima