Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Old Player: Loot Questions

- - - - - loot player questions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

grimiz

grimiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I tried to read all the FAQ's and did a few searches, so forgive me if these questions have been answered elsewhere.

I'm currently using a warrior type template.
Fencing: 115 (switching to swords)
Bushido: 108+
Tactics: 100+
Anatomy: 100+
Parry: 100+ No shield (1h weapon usually)
Healing: 90+
Chivalry: 65
Luck: ~600-700 + Honoring monster

I'm been hunting Titans and Cyclops very easily with this character casually for months. IMO I haven't gotten any weapon or armor drops that have been "great". No armor with over 50 resists and no weapons that jump out at me as better than a night's kiss or a soul seeker. Some of the jewelry that drops seems pretty good, nothing with a 15 skill yet though.

Is getting great item drops really that rare, or are the types of monsters I am fighting just not going to have the chance to drop them? Is there something else I should try to kill with my template? I've tried Orge Lords, Ice Fiends, Blood Elementals, and even a Dragon or two! ;)

I seem to pull in about 100k if I spend an hour or so doing my normal hunting spots. Does that seem low - is there a better way to make gold?

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
You should be in Tokuno right now...

http://www.uoguide.c...sures_of_Tokuno
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grimiz

grimiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

You should be in Tokuno right now...

http://www.uoguide.c...sures_of_Tokuno

Interesting. Anything in particular I should try to kill? I went to Fan Dancer Dojo and was able to handle the fan dancers ok-ish, but a succubus tore me a new one.

And when this event is over what then? Wait for the next event?
Free MMO guild hosting (without ads) at guildtag.com

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
well at your current luck level most of the items you will generate will be at most okay with many crappy ones. you want to to find/buy the 11th anniversary sculpture (looks like the uo symbol on top of a globe). It will bump up your luck some more for a certain time period. You can get one much like how you get items during this treasures of tokuno event except you have to fight monsters in the old dungeons (shame, hythloth, wrong, despise, deceit, plus others which i forget their names) though you can not pick which one of the 11th anniversary items you get. they randomly drop into your bag.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Hmmm, not considering arties, I find it easier, less time consuming and, therefore, less frustrating by ignoring the loot and just taking the gold. Then I just use a crafter with a runic to make better armor/weapons. The rings and bracelets I sometimes pay attention to, but I tend to just grab the gold. Leather and metal armor/weapons, nah.

The occassional auto-artie in my pack helps.

UO has gotten very item-based in the last few years and the monster loot hasn't kept up. T-chests really dropped off the map as to loot-beneficial.

It all comes down to EA's lack of vision. Well, other than the bottom line.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
well if you want the best loot you need to run as high a luck suit as you can either that or you are forced to buy from other players vendors. Was just suggesting how to bump up your overall luck without have to change out your current luck suit.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Monsters have good loot and bad loot. Luck does nothing to change this, it just gives you a slightly better chance to get the good loot (it only affects intensities, number of variables, etc., you can still get bad mod combinations like UBWS and Mage Weapon or a Bow w/o SSI). In that sense, putting Luck ahead of anything that makes you significantly more effective at staying alive and killing things is a waste. 600-700 + honor (which is an extra 1000) is plenty.

The exception to the rule are point drop systems like Doom, ToT, Paragons, etc. Having 3000 luck will get you more arties. At the same time, however, everyone is out there with 3000 luck farming tokuno arties and Sleepy spawns. In the coming months, we're going to have a glut of Tokuno arties, especially when you note that there are only about 4 major arties that are any good at all, and absolutely no pigments of tokuno for them to get turned into misc. potentially cool stuff.

EDIT: To answer the OP's question, Titans have potential to drop some good stuff, but there are better. I think a good spot for you to hunt might be the temple on Fire Island. There you'll find Daemons and Dragons which will give you about twice as much gold per kill as well as some barbed leather good for selling and piles of other valuables. Further, their loot should be marginally better than that of Daemons and Dragons.

Of course, with ToT going on right now it's hard to stay away from Tokuno. There are several areas in Tokuno where Tsuki Wolves spawn. They're probably about on-par with Titans. I think if you want better you might head for the Citadel. If you're in a guild, you can pick up keys while you go and fight Travesty a few times while you're there, which is definitely a place to look for the high-end stuff.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Yes, but those four major arties (Rune Beetle Carapace, storm grip, Kasa of Raj-in, Swords of Prosperity) are very very good indeed and every suit worth wearing has at least one of those artifacts. That will probably keep the prices up on those items, which means that for the next two weeks, everyone really should be out hunting ToTs in order to get them for "free".

As for normal monsters, sometimes it's worth looting for that very rare good piece, usually it isn't. I found my first demon slayer on a titan in Ilshenar (wasn't a very good one looking back, but then it was fabulous).

It's almost never worth looking at armor pieces, since you don't get material bonusses and arms lore bonusses on looted armor, giving a good looted piece as many resist points as a low end crafted piece (arms lore by itself is pretty much adding one mod). The only thing I ever use looted armor pieces for is making training suits to give away.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Yes, but those four major arties (Rune Beetle Carapace, storm grip, Kasa of Raj-in, Swords of Prosperity) are very very good indeed and every suit worth wearing has at least one of those artifacts. That will probably keep the prices up on those items, which means that for the next two weeks, everyone really should be out hunting ToTs in order to get them for "free".

Honestly, I don't think that's the case. Everyone is already out there, and I've already heard of a few people getting 400+ minor arties. That's 10 of each of those items, so even if someone gears out every single character in their account with those 4 items they'll still have 3 of each leftover to sell to other people who are currently out there in the process of getting those exact same items, and none of this is taking into account the fact that there have already been two ToT events.

It's almost never worth looking at armor pieces, since you don't get material bonusses and arms lore bonusses on looted armor, giving a good looted piece as many resist points as a low end crafted piece (arms lore by itself is pretty much adding one mod). The only thing I ever use looted armor pieces for is making training suits to give away.

If resists could disqualify a piece of armor from being worthwhile then even a lot of arties like Midnight Bracers would be thrown in the junk pile right off. While random loot rarely boasts those kinds of mods, they can still have some nice ones.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Outside of Champ Spawn bosses, peerless, and strong box quests, it is sort of pointless to expect anything of value from normal spawn. However, the Tokuno arties are a nice break (less you play factions), and like, the Exiler for example, is a pretty cheap way to own Fan Dancers if you have a macer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loot, player, questions