Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Chivalery Skill

- - - - - chivalery skill

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
The only way I have ever thought focus would work would be on a pure mage template, mage/med/eval/resist/wrestle/focus.

Any other template you can find a way to get around it. MR, SR, Chiv, Leech weaps. Its just too many points to be used for such a needless skill, that can be replaced by soo many other options.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
focus is a waste of skill points no matter how u look at it for all the reasons I already stated further up in the thread.

Even a mage....why get focus?
You can get medi and have plenty of mana regen...a little chiv to cast divine fury, and no reason whatsoever left to have focus...
That skill would be much more useful in something else no matter what template you run.
Posted Image

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
one of my favorite templates for chiv is

archery
tactics
anatomy
chivalry
peace
music
healing (to heal others while I hide behind them and shoot arrows over their head)

I also like

Weapon skill of choice
tactics
anatomy
chivalry
healing
parring
resist magic (I don't like being paralyzed)

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
Cool! I need to look into items to get FOCUS down to about 50....or gone entirely.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Remember Traj, focus only effectively works in incriments of 20. 50 is the same as 40 to you.. Chiv, MR, Mana leech, stam leech are all your friends to help you rid the world of focus!!!!

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
That is a good tip Bo. Thanks.

yadiman

yadiman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
can reds tithe at the chaos shrine?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
nope, gotta use compassion shrine, or I believe the destard shrine..

yadiman

yadiman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
well i guess it seems pointless to have a red paladin
since most of the spells are based on karma and i think u lose karma when u pk someone. meh
btw is the order vs chaos pvp still going?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I believe Order/Chaos was removed, I remember seeing posts about it.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
It is possible to be a red chiv, its just that you gotta go get some karma back every so often. I have a guy in my guild that does it daily. He goes to red mages and kills em for bout 15 min and it covers his daily PKing..

BISHOP

BISHOP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i havent really seen too many people talking about chiv being a good skill to have on a mage. Is it mostly geared towards a warrior? I got mine up to 70 in like a few hours and havent worked it since on my mage

120 mage
120 med
111 eval
102 resist
70 chiv
trying to finish the speall weaving quest

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
look in the pvp thread, there is a topic on it there. It is very beneficial to mages to have chiv as you can heal quicker with it with 4/6 plus you can remove curses and cure quicker. I love it. I have it as my spawning char, it also has spellweaving.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chivalery, skill