Hello, everyone.

A little over a month ago, a close friend of mine returned to Ultima Online. She was the sole remaining member of a very important historical guild on our shard, and since no one else from her guild had logged in for more than a year and a half, she hoped that she might retrieve the stone and add it to our shards Roleplaying Alliance.

Well, she was kind of stuck. Only being a Member, she couldn't add people to the guild to help vote her in. She contacted a GM, who said that if no one had been on in a certain time frame, their vote becomes invalid, making her vote essentially enough to take her to the guildmistresses role. She tried this, and to no avail. She continued trying to contact the GMs, because if this were the case then her stone was bugged, but after several canned messages, she was finally told if she sends another page she would have her account suspended.

So what should we do? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm almost hoping Chrissay or Regine might see this and have a solution. I know they have said that gamemasters don't have the power to transfer guild ownership, but I'm hoping that since this is a bug they might be able to fix this. I would hate to see a historical roleplaying guild just disappear.

Thanks!

Aye, Se'an. *chuckles*

Sorry, I have a bad habit of still calling guilds "stones." The actual decorative stone was lost long ago with the collapse of the founders house. She is merely trying to retrieve leadership of the guild so that she can breathe some new life into it (considering its historical significance) and add it to our shards growing roleplay alliance.

I understand she might wanna stay in the original guild that was created.. but if she leaves the guild wont it delete it and she can just start it with the same name and abbrev. It would pretty much be the same thing? I could be wrong about the guild being deleted but im pretty sure that would work

What fudges me off is the "OMG PAGE US AGAIN N U R BANNED!!!1" response that GMs give every so often, when they do not fully realize that their canned messages are not helping one bit and ít's essentially THEIR job to help make things right.

Or, in the case they can't, at least make sure the request gets diverted to the proper channels.

Also, if a player is consistently and constructively asking for help then who knows, that person may actually need the help of the GMs. Who the hell are they to tell those people to shove it just because they either lack the know-how or are under-equiped to deal with the situation.

Gyah, makes me mad!

Roight

*pops a happy pill*

All better now.

To get back to the topic at hand.

Resigning is definately not an option here as then you will have no option of getting the guild back or back in the guild.

The problem with you being a member and no other guildmembers left is almost a common one these days and indeed (so in that area I have to agree with the GMs) there is no easy fix for this. Also because of the griefing possibility and the owning rights. With this I mean that the founder of the guild is it's owner and unless he or she is voted out of leadership it's completely up to that person to deal with the guild. Being inactive and letting the guild rot would essentially also be a "choice" of that person. Made willingly or not.

So with the above being the problem and virtual ownership of a guild currently being the way it is, perhaps you should just take credit for being the last guildmember left of your historically important guild. Sure, you would be alone (like the last of the Mohicans), but look at it this way: it's a burden but only more honour for you. ;)

What if a new issue pops up like youre moving houses and you need help with an item falling through the floor, they fix it, then another falls through?

What if you catch someone doing something wrong, they issue them a warning and tell them to stop and go away, but then that person starts doing it again?

If someone doesnt like the answer they get, even when it's the correct answer, it doesnt mean they can just keep trying to hopefully game the support system and try to get a different outcome from a different GM.

Which Guild is it?

Queen Shieba's Alliance [QSA].

If the rule is valid, and only the members who are active within the past 90(?) days count towards a final vote for guildmistress (which worked in the last case of two other roleplaying guilds who returned without their guild leader; The Dark Tower and Lumaria), then she should be able to retrieve it with her one vote. Unfortunately, it seems to be broken.

The only solutions I can think of would be to get the assistance of a GM, or track down an old lurking member who might be willing to log back in and vote her in. Since the guild forums on Stratics seem to have bit the bullet, both seem unlikely right now.

So GMs should just arbitrarily ban anyone who is a petty annoyance?

I bet that's a perk most customer service reps would love to have.

Not at all, it's when it goes beyond petty and the GM's are either not allowed to change something or simply are not in the capacity to fix it. Imagine someone constantly paging that they think their skillgain is too slow. This is almost along the lines of "I gave my friend all my stuff when I quit and they put it in their house, but now they don't play UO but I want my stuff back out of their house".

What if a new issue pops up like youre moving houses and you need help with an item falling through the floor, they fix it, then another falls through?

What if you catch someone doing something wrong, they issue them a warning and tell them to stop and go away, but then that person starts doing it again?

If someone doesnt like the answer they get, even when it's the correct answer, it doesnt mean they can just keep trying to hopefully game the support system and try to get a different outcome from a different GM.

I "Laughed out Loud" when I read your first example! =)

Now back to the subject...why not start a new guild with a name as close to the original as you can get it? It could fall under "its the thought that counts" category....

I'm not sure if the 90 day thing is legit, is it in writing anywhere...or I'm wondering if this got flipped off, like house decay after 911, and never got turned back on.

-Az ;)

I'm wondering the same thing. I've never seen it written anywhere, but apparent a gamemaster told another guild this same information (who were able to successfully retrieve the guild without booting half the members out to do so).

She could probably make a new guild with a similar name and essentially continue its legacy that way, but the goal was to save the old guild so that she could watch for and contact any returning members.

She could probably make a new guild with a similar name and essentially continue its legacy that way, but the goal was to save the old guild so that she could watch for and contact any returning members.

Thats what I was going to suggest. she could make a duplacate char and guild and keep the other char in and wait for a member.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats what I was going to suggest. she could make a duplacate char and guild and keep the other char in and wait for a member.

Yes, that's what she is going to have to do for the time being. I'm hoping this latest expansion manages to lure back a lurking member or two.