Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Did they slow skill gain?

- - - - - gain skill slow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

humbletheif

humbletheif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Did skill gains become slower since the last time I played? I gained .2 in magery over 4hrs time of constant use and near constant success. This seems a bit unfair. Has this been announced in any patch notes?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
are you need the skill cap? as your character approaches 700 total points (720 for 4 year players) you gain slower.

if so you have a few choices:
1) get your daily gain and just play
2) soulstone/soul fragment off skills until you are are 300 total points, then go kill easy things till you gain what you need/want
3) since you said you are training magery - do you use a mage weapon that lowers your magery, if not find/buy one - maximum if I recall is -30 to magery and the weapon needs to be spell channelling too, so you can cast while it is on your hand. then just go out and kill tons of weaker monsters or cast on anything that walks by.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Just wondering, have you looked at the guide?

http://www.uoguide.com/Magery

and yes, it actually has gotten better - well, compared to before powerhour (I miss that). Taming is the pain of all skills to gain.

humbletheif

humbletheif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Just wondering, have you looked at the guide?

http://www.uoguide.com/Magery

and yes, it actually has gotten better - well, compared to before powerhour (I miss that). Taming is the pain of all skills to gain.

Good Lord if I could have one wish, it would be to bring Power Hour back!

humbletheif

humbletheif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Man During power hour you could truck from 75 to 90 then 90-99 then spend a week at 99 until you hit 100, man I miss that. what was the dev's reasoning for changing it anyway? It seems impossible to train any one skill in less than a month

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Did skill gains become slower since the last time I played? I gained .2 in magery over 4hrs time of constant use and near constant success. This seems a bit unfair. Has this been announced in any patch notes?

For maximum gains, you need to be succeeding 60-70% of the time.

So if you're succeeding nearly constantly, then you need to move up a circle.

The other thing you may try is using a minus skill mage weapon to lower your magery for faster gains.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Man During power hour you could truck from 75 to 90 then 90-99 then spend a week at 99 until you hit 100, man I miss that. what was the dev's reasoning for changing it anyway? It seems impossible to train any one skill in less than a month

Actually, skill gain is much faster without the power hour, and people wind up actually playing the game more.

You could take a brand new character and turn it into a 6x legendary necro-mage in less than a week of constant play, if you do the exact right thing at the exact right time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gain, skill, slow