Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Coming back?

- - - - - back coming

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

couponfork

couponfork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I played UO back in 98 when I was extremely young, and played for years. I am thinking about coming back, but have a question, which servers have the highest population? I get bored playing games and love to socialize.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Almost no one is to be found at West Britain Bank anymore. A few years ago the city was invaded by monsters and the banksitters moved to Luna. Given that Luna is in the middle of a huge housing area that is now all shops, the fact that you can get bulk order deeds at the Luna bank and that there is also a moongate and stable just a screen away, Luna is very handy and thus popular.

As for which shard, I'd say Atlantic is the most populous of all, probably followed by Lake Superior and then maybe Pacific, Catskills or Chesapeake. Of course, more populated means higher prices for stuff, tighter housing market, more camped spawns and hunting areas, etc.

Also, if youre not aware, you can transfer a character from one shard to another for a fee(I think $15) if you have old characters you want to move around.

Skillwise, there have been some new ones added and others have gained or lost usefulness over time. I'd highly recommned getting a few soulstones before you think a skill is useless and dump it to raise something else. Store the skill in the soulstone so you can always change your mind and bring it back. Also, gold has lost a lot of value. If you were pimpin with a few hundred thousand gold in the bank in 1998, be aware that gold goes for $1 per million these days.

Welcome back.

couponfork

couponfork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Alright, thank you very much. Is there any update on when SA is going to come out?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Officially, it's "Summer 2009" and that can mean up til August. Given that the Beta test just started, August is still doable but would not be surprised if it ended up September.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
If you like to RP you can come to Europa we have several RP Guilds that are very active (KT,GRD,V) and our EM has several Active events going on with our Guilds right now.

BTW KT is the Best
yep that was a shamless plug

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

couponfork

couponfork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I think I'm gonna try out the trial, then decide. I probably won't come back until SA though, I'll just have to buy the expansion in a few months anyway.

lolwut

lolwut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
How populated is Europa nowadays?

And also, do you need to be loaded with a billion script programs to stand a chance in PvP these days, or are there still people using just the basic in-game macros?

couponfork

couponfork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm pretty sure everyone uses macro programs these days for pvp.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
some use illicit hacks and script programs (take a screenshot, you can get em banned)

the majority uses UOAssist, however. It is allowed by EA.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

I'm pretty sure everyone uses macro programs these days for pvp.

That's not entirely true, I use KR, no third party programs and am competitive.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
KR includes a lot of what UOA does, though :)

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
europa is about Average in Population not dead but not overflowing like Atlantic. As for scripters there will always be a few but the more you report the less that are out there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

couponfork

couponfork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
What is a good skill build to start out with these days?

Uzrael

Uzrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey i just came back too and joined the Great Lakes server. I found that it's well populated and decent people around to talk with. i just started out from scratch so im lookin for anyone who wants to team up and work towards getting supplies and a decent house.

my name is Jair Ohmsford and i've been having fun training on low lvl spawn just teamwork is always useful to get better loot. let me know if you end up joining we can hunt together

couponfork

couponfork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm trying to patch this damn client, and I think I'll join you on Great Lakes, I'm doing the 14 day trial right now though by the way, and I'm currently moving, so I don't know how frequently I'll be on, but in a week or so I plan on subscribing again.

I for the life of me cannot figure out a decent skill build, I want something like a necro-archer.. if anyone could help me, it would be appreciated!

Uzrael

Uzrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Coupon i used to have a decent necro archer, here's the build i used i found it to be pretty decent

necromancy
archery
tactics

bushido - i found bushido has nice damage bonuses with a decent bow
spirit peak
focus - this is optional because spirit speak also raises mana but this skills does so passivly without having to activate it - you can switch this with chivalry or perhaps anatomy if you find that you don't mind having to activate spirit speak to gain mana back and want a little extra damage points. But with double strike you will use a lot of mana so it's good to be able to regenerate rather quickly and also on the run which is also very important for archers

starting out you can add chivalry, anatomy, meditation or another skill that is useful to that build until you get your skills around 100 then youre only going to want 6 skills so you can gather or buy 120 powerscrolls that raise the skill cap to 120 so then you can drop whatever dummy skill you've been raising to use the rest of your skillpoints to get all 6 skills to 120 since the skill cap is 700 skill points.

Let me know when you join and i'll meet you at Luna bank or something.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

hey i just came back too and joined the Great Lakes server. I found that it's well populated and decent people around to talk with. i just started out from scratch so im lookin for anyone who wants to team up and work towards getting supplies and a decent house.

my name is Jair Ohmsford and i've been having fun training on low lvl spawn just teamwork is always useful to get better loot. let me know if you end up joining we can hunt together

Hah, too funny. I have an old swordsman character named Garet Jax :P

Uzrael

Uzrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
haha no kidding i have a swordsman named the same thing too!

couponfork

couponfork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I still can't find help on how I should start a character, I get easily frustrated lol :(

Link_2k5

Link_2k5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
www.uoguide.com is good or ask in the forum that is specific for template builds.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, coming