Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Healing

- - - - - healing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bobo

Bobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I've been thinking of adding healing to my warrior, but is it necessary to go all the way up to 120? I've heard people getting it to about 80 or so. Is 120 really worth it?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I'm happy with 100. 80 is where you go just for rezzes, but it can take several tries but Chiv is better these days in pvm, esp doing spawns. Healing takes no mana and can give you a lot of hp back, and quickly if you have high dex. I guess some questions to ask are if this is for pvp or pvm, do you have Chivalry or Bushido and how high are you willing to take Anatomy?

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
You can also use Enhanced Bandages which add +10 to Healing & Vet (doesn't apply to Res).

Bobo

Bobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
My warrior does have Chivalry. What's the lowest I could go with Healing and still find it very useful? Not necessarily with resurrection, just with healing. My anatomy is at least 110.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I'd say you could get away with 90. Any lower and it would be annoying, any higher would be diminishing returns in lieu of skill points invested elsewhere. Don't forget jewelry and arties as you go about working out your skills.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
remember you can get +30 skill points from jewelry, and some arties give skills as well. You cannot use item +skill bonuses to go over your 100/120 cap however.

At the end of the first four years of playing, you get +5 added to your overall skill cap (for a maximum of 720.0 real skill)

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Cloak of corruption.... and healing training... =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bobo

Bobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I do like this a lot. Sometimes when I'm calculating my char stats, I'm planning for the full 720.0 already. Then I balance it out slightly by removing a few here and there.

I'm also being very careful which skills I'm raising as some cannot be raised with jewlery. Like hiding for instance. So I'm working it out.

remember you can get +30 skill points from jewelry, and some arties give skills as well. You cannot use item +skill bonuses to go over your 100/120 cap however.

At the end of the first four years of playing, you get +5 added to your overall skill cap (for a maximum of 720.0 real skill)

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I have 90 healing and 120 Anatomy and am quite happy with that. I do use enhanced bandies in PvP, though.

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

...You cannot use item +skill bonuses to go over your 100/120 cap however...

Enhanced Bandages will take you over your...all the way to 130.0.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Just Like Mining Gloves go beyond but Jacobs Pickaxe won't

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: healing