Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Buying Ultima, really need help

- - - - - buying ultima

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

noobcake

noobcake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok so I am going to buy ultima and I am wondering if the (Ultima Online™ Eleventh Year Collection) includes the original game and all expansions or none of the games and just these items

Fallen Log
Lamp Post
Hitching Post
Armor Engraving Tool
Earring of Protection
Ancestral Gravestone
Bulk Order Cover
Wooden Bookcase
Snow Tree
Maple Tree
Willow Tree

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
None of the games and just those items.

noobcake

noobcake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
so what would i buy from the uogamecode store if i wanted the all of the expansions and the original game.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
The 11th anniversary Token is just for items, no game is included. By the end of summer UO's latest expansion will be out Stygian Abyss, Mondain's Legacy will give you access to the game and all previous expansions.

The new SA client will be free to everyone when it hits, will also have an updated 2d client. Those also should be out this summer and is currently in beta testing.

Oh and welcome to UOFOrums!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

noobcake

noobcake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok thank you but one more thing, if i have currently just created a new account and i am on the trial at the moment, would i buy (Ultima Online™: Mondain’s Legacy New Account Code) or (Ultima Online™: Mondain’s Legacy Upgrade)

noobcake

noobcake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
im guessing i would buy the upgrade considering my account is already created?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Aye, the upgrade code.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Yes, you would buy the ML Upgrade code to upgrade your account, but if I'm not mistaken, buying the upgrade code also gives you a new account code as well which you could hang onto if you wanted to open another account, give away to a friend, or even sell to another player.

As others have mentioned, however, there is both a new client and expansion coming out this summer which is in Beta. From what I understand, you can treat them as separate released. The new client will be free for download by everyone and usable by everyone.

The expansion, however, will give you access to the Stygian Abyss, to the gargoyle lands, to three new skills, and to playing the race of gargoyles themselves. It has also been stated that you can play this expansion on the 2d client as well if you're not keen on switching clients. Thus it might make sense to play your trial account (which gives you access to everything except the Mondain's Legacy client) and wait to buy the Stygian Abyss expansion rather than upgrading now and buying another expanion in a few months.

It's all up to you, however.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yes - the client you use is unrelated to your monthly fee - you pay for the account, and can use either freely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buying, ultima