Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

SA - Will it support 64bit Windows 7?

- - - - - 64bit sa support windows

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Guest_Meh_Gerbil_*

Guest_Meh_Gerbil_*
  • Guests
I'm toying around with the idea of getting SA in the fall (if it is out of beta by then) and by that time I'll have a 64 bit machine running Windows 7 (if it is out of beta by then).

Just wondering if 64 bit Windows 7 will be supported.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
They only support the released operating systems at the time the game is released
If W7 comes in after SA is released, then no doubt they'll support it afterwards.
But UO worked on my W7 copy, I believe it was 64 bit to.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Windows 7 is in RC1 (Release Candidate 1), so it is the last step before an actual release. They are to the point where RC1 requires activation (though keys are free) to test the activation server, and I have actually found that it runs better than vista on my system. As with Vista, running old games in compatibility mode and run as admin fix most if not all problems.

I am running 32 bit, however, as I have quite a few old (win98 and older) games I like to play from time to time.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Just wondering if 64 bit Windows 7 will be supported.

Yes.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
EA tech support wont give you the time of day if you have an issue til Windows 7 is officially released, however.

Guest_Meh_Gerbil_*

Guest_Meh_Gerbil_*
  • Guests
I'm not planning on getting the game until a couple of months after the release of SA. I like to give them a chance to work out the bugs. Plus, I'm gonna buy a new Dell and I want to wait until I can get one with Windows 7 pre-installed.

mrbill

mrbill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I am running Windows 7 64bit on a Mac's bootcamp partition. I will install/patch and give you all an update on how things work

Mac 2.0ghz Zeon Quad Core
10gb of Ram
ATI 3870HD with 512mb ram

Vinzone

Vinzone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm running win7 64bit and I got SA to install and patch but whenever I try to log on it freezes. I've tried all the compatibility modes, I can't figure out whats wrong with it, anyone know?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Has anyone tried it on 64 bit Vista?

Vinzone

Vinzone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Back again, It seems my problem was occurring,oddly enough, because I did not have a character created on my account. I downloaded and installed the 2d client logged on and made a character played for about an hour, and then decided maybe I should try the SA client again. And sure enough loaded up the SA client put in my account info and this time instead of freezing it went right through to server selection and I was able to get on my character, I only played for 5 mins to make sure it works because I am off to bed.

In short, SA works on Win7 64bit.

Zanwe

Zanwe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Has anyone tried it on 64 bit Vista?

I just reinstalled vista with the 64 bit version. everything works fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 64bit, sa, support, windows