Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Tips on fighting Berserkers?

- - - - - berserkers fighting tips

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Anyone have tips on fighting those nasty berserkers? I killed a lot yesterday but I never got looting rights on any of them.

I tried it with party, without a party.
Used a mystic bow, used a normal bow.
Tried ganking one with other tamers. Tried it with just meleers.

Not one gave me looting rights?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Party with a couple of people, go in there bashing with the Vanquishing weapons, and try to watch out for the people coming in getting the last hit. LAST HIT GETS RIGHTS!!!! Me and another guy were taking them out left and right with just the 2 of us, but there would always be that one spellweaver that comes in and starts WODing it and boom he gets rights.

Once again, key is LAST HIT gets you rights.. The more in your party, the more chance of you all getting rights, and one of your party getting the last hit, in turn opening up everyone in the party to an opportunity to get the arty drop in their bag.

So class repeat after me, LAST HIT!!!!!!!!!!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

So class repeat after me, LAST HIT!!!!!!!!!!

Lol... well that's crazy. I could just sit back and watch and just take last hit and piss off all the other people who worked hard to get the hp dpwn.

Guess I'll just stick to generals then.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
The are alot of "opportunists" out there. Either Generals or Berserkers, they only care for themselves and getting that millions of gold piece arty. I have even had a "guild of opportunists" tell me that this part of town was their invasion area.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Yeah that's true. Saw one guy trying to fight a berserker by himself, ran by him a few times, he wanted it to himself. Saw him die too. I was laughing so hard watching him on the screen hearing his death cry. I didn't take the spawn though. Just ressed him up and let him fight it on his own again.

I think it's lonely fighting the invasion on your own. I went back to the group I saw fighting the rest of the spawn and just had a blast.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yep, we had this guy just following us around and waiting til our berserker was low on life and started WODing it everytime. Luckily we had 3 VERY fast swinging Vanq weapons. I had a cleaver with something like 25ssi on it, and never lost a last hit to the idiot, but we just couldnt get rid of him. Being the PK guild that we are, we invited him to fel Vesper to try that crap....never said a word...

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Supposedly they have fixed this so everyone gets rights who have done damage.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Ok, these red berserkers Bardiches are doing INSANE damage on em. I just used one a few min ago, and instead of the normal 2-5 damage I was getting with the vanq weapons, I was doing 10-15 and 20 with crush blow. So if any of you get these, this is the key!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Was yours an Ophidian Slayer? I tried a vanquishing weapon and was doing 4-5, switched to a reptile slayer (with no DI) and was doing 7-8.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I see will have to give a class on how to properly dispose of a Berserker. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yah it was one of those big red Bardiches, Berzerkers Bardiche, its a terathen/ophid slayer, my normal vanq and mystic weaps were doing 2-4, but switched to this thing, and was able to do 10-15 with a 20 in there now and then. So if you happen to get one of these bad boys, that is the key now!

Jomo

Jomo

always tring to help someone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Yeah that's true. Saw one guy trying to fight a berserker by himself, ran by him a few times, he wanted it to himself. Saw him die too. I was laughing so hard watching him on the screen hearing his death cry. I didn't take the spawn though. Just ressed him up and let him fight it on his own again.

Best way to deal with them
:laugh:
Respect everyone

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

...they only care for themselves and getting that millions of gold piece arty...

Which is actually making me laugh more & more as this drags on since cursed Gauntlet artifacts are near worthless. I imagine half of them are turning up in Lunaland either being peddled without emphasis on the "cursed" part or as "OMWUG PIMP EVENT RARITES".

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Was yours an Ophidian Slayer? I tried a vanquishing weapon and was doing 4-5, switched to a reptile slayer (with no DI) and was doing 7-8.

I've killed them and recieved looting rights already using my normal PvP broadsword and hitting it with Crushing Blow every single hit. Seems to work for some reason or another. Though, to be honest, I'm really ignoring the berserkers anymore.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Damage and looting rights has been fixed on Berserkers. I just sit back and watch Eowyna deal out death to the Berserkers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Yup I've been getting looting rights now too. I only do 2, sometimes 1, damage per hit with my bow, but it's enough.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Using a pair of earthies to attack a Berserker does 1 to 2 dmg, but takes alot of heals to keep your earthies up. Casting Earthquake was doing 7 to 8 damage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Well, I took a bush, chiv, archer using Horselord. Just using the bow without any other skills, I got about 8. Using EoO got me 10. Using consecrate wep or Div. Fury added nothing and bush criticals never seemed to come into play. The special moves didn't seem to improve anything either. So, as I have no mystic weps, 10 seems to be it. However it did give me substantial looting rights.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I did the arctic OL on one myself too, we had a power 3 circle, so they werent the strongest, but they did well, but it was hard to keep up with the heals, and ended up using my swdsman with the big red bardiche thing and had no problems from there out, withstanding the 60+ damage hits he did to me. But I was averaging 10-15 damage, and with CW, was doing 20.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Nature's fury did way more damage than what my bows could deal. I fizzle a lot since I have 0 sw, but once I get it up, combined with me hitting, I can handle some berserkers.

Oh, the only problem I have now is them teleporting me when they're under the huts. We can kill them, but then I'd have to use the help stuck option to get out. Or that one time, when I got teleported and died, I couldn't get back to my body to loot it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: berserkers, fighting, tips