• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna buy it. Today! The trailer made me drool.

EDIT: Shoyld I get it for 360 or PC? I barely use my xbox except for Rock Band: Beatles, really. Graphics wise, will my XBOX be as good as my PC (which is top class)?

For an RPG I would always recommend getting it for the PC in-case their are ever any fan mods for it. Also I am guessing if you have a high end PC the high end graphics would look better on it than an Xbox but not 100% sure on that.

For an RPG I would always recommend getting it for the PC in-case their are ever any fan mods for it. Also I am guessing if you have a high end PC the high end graphics would look better on it than an Xbox but not 100% sure on that.

Yeah, if you have a mid-high end PC, XBOX 360 games don't look nearly as nice as on the PC.

I just got Dragon Age on the XBOX and was very disappointed with how the game looks (and plays to some extent), the colors are all washed out and the textures are too crude. Even by XBOX360 standards it was a disappointment. Then I went and got the PC version and ohhhh.... it looks so much better (still not as good as some other PC games though). Not to mention that any RPG will always have a better interface on the PC (that is, if the developers put a slight effort to it).

Usually, developers who make multi platform titles work on a console version primary and then adapt it to the PC (e.g. KOTOR, Oblivion), with various extents of improvements to graphics and UI on the PC. With Dragon Age, it seems to be totally the other way around. Looks like they made the game with PC in mind and then tuned it down to fit the XBOX. Which makes a far better experience on the PC.

So far it looks like a great RPG, by the way, on it's way to be a classic. If you have a choice, definitely get the PC version.

- Ohtar

Bollocks tbh. I got it on the Xbox, playing it in HD. Beautiful. Poor game though, rather dissapointed by it after it was raved to be "RPG of the century". I wouldn't big it up that far, some funny dialogue in it though, which goes a long way in my books.

I guess "beautiful" is in the eyes of the beholder. It is also relative to time and place. I played Oblivion and Fallout 3 on the XBOX and found both visually appealing (both looking better than Dragon Age today). Dragon Age was notably lacking visually from the moment I started playing it. In comparison, try playing Dragon Age on a PC at 1900x1200 with full anti aliasing and all the options turned to max. The difference is very noticeable.

As for the game itself, it has some drawbacks. I find its game play pretty decent and the typical RPG elements working as expected. Its strength is in the story and characters, which from the relatively limited time I had with the game (about 12 hours, including trying few of the origin stories), are very well written and totally engaging.

- Ohtar

Yup i saw it like a month ago, pretty freak and scary. Especially when your watching it at 3am on your on in the dark. Plays with your mind man! I couldn't sleep for fear of an invisible demon dragging me out my bed!

Oh i soo have to do that with this one. I thought Session 9 screwed with my head. Really in need of a good scare.