Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

The 1st illust contest by EA Japan UO team!

- - - - - 1st contest ea illust japan team uo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
EA Japan UO team announces the 1st illust contest!

The original page in Japanese: Here!

I translated how it goes in this contest, Enjoy and win prizes!

--

1st Illust contest

Period for application:
From Jun. 5. 2009 to Jun. 29. 2009 15:00 JST
This deadline is extended: the new deadline is: Jun. 13, 2009 15:00 JST

Thema:
- The Gargoyles: the new race of the next expansion "Stygian Abyss"
- "The summer" of "Ultima Online"
- Illustrations or arts of items, terrains or add-ons that you would like to see implemented in game
Posted ImagePosted Image

Conditions of applications:
- A screenshot of what players create in the game (an unworked picture like a radar map art or a backpack art that makes use of items in game )
- An illust painted with image painting softwares

*1: You may use either of KR client or 2D client.
*2: The form of pictures should be .JPG file, at most 2MB, width 1200 x height 900 pixel
*3: There is no limits of number of pictuires that a player can apply. (A player can send in as many applications as you like without limits.)

Prizes for winners:
The 1st winner:
- An exclusive title for the 1st winner (for 1 character )
- An exclusive item in the game for the 1st winner,
- A miniature house
- 5 Pigments of Tokuno

The 2nd winner:
- An exclusive title for the 2nd winner (for 1 character )
- An exclusive item in the game for the 2nd winner,
- A miniature house
- 1 Pigment of Tokuno

Announcement of winners:
An announcement will be made by the end of July, after EA Japan UO team examines all the applications fairly.

Conditions and Notes:
- You should make all the pictures by yourself.
- All the things except your account name, your e-mail address or filenames of your pictures will be opened to public when we make an announcement of prizes
- You should not violate the agreement of UO.
- All the rights and licences of applications regarding UO belong to Electronic Arts.
- Applications shoud not include desigins that violate licences, trademarks or copyrights(e.g. portraits of celebrities, images of name brands, or images including similar parts of other known characters than in UO )
- EA Japan UO team might create items in game based on applications, or make use of applications as materials of websites related to UO.

How to send in your applications;
Please go to the form of the 1st illust contest! -> Here!

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Thanks for the news!

I wonder if it's open to all UO players or just Asia-region players?

Perhaps EA-Japan just got a jump the announcement, like announcing Stygian Abyss early the first time around?

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests

Thanks for the news!

I wonder if it's open to all UO players or just Asia-region players?

Perhaps EA-Japan just got a jump the announcement, like announcing Stygian Abyss early the first time around?

I think this is held by EA Japan, and UO dev team has nothing to do with it.

But I can't find the ristriction that limits applications only from Asian shards, therefore I introduce this to you.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
go shinsetsu ni domo arigato!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
i guess drawing things from the beta aren't allowed.... :)

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
yeah yeah, keep rubbing it in :P

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
The 1st illust contest took very well and more applications than we expected are entered in until now. So we will extend the deadline of entering applications according to the request of some players that they need more time to complete their applications. The new and final deadline is July 13, 2009. 15:00 JST.

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
I should have more concretly described and shown you some concrete examples.

So, the following one could be an example for it:
"a Llama on a roof"
Posted Image

This is an example for description:
"Conditions of applications:
- A screenshot of what players create in the game (an unworked picture like a radar map art or a backpack art that makes use of items in game )"

This SS conforms to a criterion above.

But one more criterion exists: Thema should be "Gargoyle" or "The summer in UO". This SS doesn't conform to this criterion. If you created an figure of Gargoyle on your roof and made an SS of it, the SS would conform to all the criteria.

--
Sarsmi of UOSS was kind enough to introduce a tool for creating roof arts easily: Here!

Thanks to Sarsmi!

It's a really wonderful tool.

I think using this tool is accepted, but if in that case, the original picture should be drawn by players.

--

Another example from me.

This is just an example, including a little joke.

"A summer in a backpack"

Posted Image

This is an example for description:
"Conditions of applications:
- A screenshot of what players create in the game (an unworked picture like a radar map art or a backpack art that makes use of items in game )"

This SS conforms to the criterion above. And the design shown in the SS means "Summer" in a chinese letter. The theme of the SS conforms to one of themes of this contest:"Gargoyles", "The summer in UO".

--

Harlequin of UOSS was kind enough to make the following post and help us to understand what is needed on this contest more precisely and correctly. Thanks to Harlequin!

--

A - The theme needs to be based on any one of the following:
1) The new Gargoyle race for Stygian Abyss
2) Summer in UO
3) Things you want to see implemented in UO (items, terrain, decorative furniture add-ons etc)

B - The illustration that you submit can be any one of the following:
1) An unedited screenshot made in-game. Including, but not limited to, radar art or backpack art etc etc.
2) An illustration drawn/rendered using any graphics design/editing program (eg photoshop, maya etc etc)

C - Other requirements:
1) Must be in jpg format
2) Max resolution is 1200 x 900
3) Max file size 2mb
4) No limit to how many illustrations you submit
5) Can be done in either the Legacy client or in KR (in case the people doing screenshots are wondering)

Winning entry may also be implemented in-game or be added to the official webpage (latter applies to the Japan UO page).

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
EA Japan UO team asks you to enter in your support messages to candidate entries of the 1st illust contest:Cf. the original page in Japanese

--

We got more than one hundreds entries! Thanks for your entries!

We'd like to collect support messages from you to candidates for winners, which leads you to join with us in examining entries, since so many entries were entered in!

EA Japan UO team will determine winners finally, considering support messages from you!

Please send your support message to your favorite one under 30 canditates!

We accept your support messages until 22nd July, 15:00 JST.

a form to enter in your support message

--

Some of entries are:

Theme 1: Summer in UO:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Theme 2: Items you'd like to see implemented in UO:

Posted Image
(This means "pets' collar" and "pets' collar dye tub")

Posted Image
(Sudare is a blind-like japanese curtain made from bamboo or straw, which is used often in summer)

Posted Image
(A wedding dress!)

Theme 3: Gargoyles:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Thanks as always for bringing us news UO Japan :)

Ive always had a liking of backpack art,and thats some of the best I have ever seen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
some very talented people over there with the backpack art. Thanks for posting.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
I really love how the drawings are all manga :)

The person with the weddingdress i really like

also some of the backpack art.. the gargoyle and the signs in the beginning in more colors..

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1st, contest, ea, illust, japan, team, uo