Beta Keys Competition.

Chrissay has been kind enough to give us some Beta access keys to us

But first we need a competition idea.

The only two I can think of right now are...

1) UO Quiz

15-20 questions about random UO facts, including say 5 pictures of random monsters which people have to name?

2) Where's the UOF staff member

Participating staff members take a heavily cropped screenshot of them in game, and people have to guess where they might be?

Any thoughts?

How bout who can make the funniest shapes with their body parts and submit a picture(rated PG, of course), lol

How bout a short story contest about an an in-char first encounter with a gargoyle?(and I did say short story, not 10 friggin pages)

How bout a UO or SA-themed baking contest? People deco a cake or make some cookies and submit a pic. This way, unlike a drawing contest, it would be almost impossible to fake/steal of the intarweb-tubes system.

How bout an SA-themed forum profile image contest?

Just a few ideas...

How about a key for the best SA, UO, or NDA-related joke?

How about a key for the most helpful guide posted to the new section? (although if you're going to do that one, give us a bit of time to come up with something ;)

How about a key for having a name that rhymes with "room"?

;)

Add all the posts of all of the UO Message boards... assign a number to them.

Order them based on the chronological time they were posted.

Randomly roll a number from 1-that number...

(roll for substitute)

Check who posted it...

Give the Beta Key.

Give the player three days to collect it... then move to the substitute.

Cant get more random than that... and it promotes posting... sharing and helping... isnt that the true UOF event?

Best RL paperdoll lookalike photo contest? (Must be recent! Have a newspaper or something with the actual date in the picture! Not edited in later!)

EDIT: Obviously this one has to be PUBLIC, so we can all enjoy the results! =)

Could also include one of the codes with the UOF lottery... whoever wins the next lottery wins a beta code.

You can just give it directly to me then...you never know when you'll need a spare... :)

But honestly the lottery only helps active posters. Would be better if any registered member had the same chance of winning, instead of having more chances just because they post a lot. The idea here is that you can advertise it off-site and maybe bring in new members.

You can just give it directly to me then...you never know when you'll need a spare... :)

But honestly the lottery only helps active posters. Would be better if any registered member had the same chance of winning, instead of having more chances just because they post a lot. The idea here is that you can advertise it off-site and maybe bring in new members.

But at the same time we want active members not just an influx of regestered people.

Ferenhelm is right, besides, I'd rather reward our active posters who support the site, than people with zero posts who have no inclination at helping others or posting and are here purely to just get free gold.

Ferenhelm is right, besides, I'd rather reward our active posters who support the site, than people with zero posts who have no inclination at helping others or posting and are here purely to just get free gold.

Sends Adam the best tea money can buy!!!! "grins slyly"

all that does is give it to those with lots of time or nothing beter to do a beter chance ... No offence

I'm way to busy to post instead of play uo.

I work then i play the game alot of others do as well.

No offence taken

As for what your saying you can't have something for nothing if you can invest time into a contest you can invest in a beta, if you can't you probably can't.

No, see your twisting it.

I spend more time as do others actualy playing the game,

not posting for posts sake.

So a contest like that one would take away from my Game time.

and by your logic, you think someone with no job no worries should get a key because they got all day to post and play games? I'm sorry i have a job and a family and i play i don't think haveing responsibility should take me and ALOT of others like me out of the running because of it.

oh and I said nothing about something for nothings sake :)

*quibbles* :)

Less talk about who should win, more talk about how they should win, please. Here are some of the options i've seen.

- Random drawing from people who actively post.

- Random drawing from everyone.

- Judged competition based on talent (comic? fan art/fiction?)

- possibly judged by staff (ineligible for entry?) or those who have been picked for beta (no reason to enter.)

- skill based competition (trivia?)

- Random drawing from everyone.

- Judged competition based on talent (comic? fan art/fiction?)

- possibly judged by staff (ineligible for entry?) or those who have been picked for beta (no reason to enter.)

- skill based competition (trivia?)

My thoughts

1) Staff can enter

2) Not everyone can enter, only regulars

3) Current beta testers can't enter

4) Trivia = My most favourable option right now.

5) It won't be based on unique skills like art and the like, it's unfair to single out people who are good artists.

My thoughts

1) Staff can enter

2) Not everyone can enter, only regulars

3) Current beta testers can't enter

4) Trivia = My most favourable option right now.

5) It won't be based on unique skills like art and the like, it's unfair to single out people who are good artists.

Only thing I'd add is a willingness to actually test. By all means, find what you like to do. Then test the heck out of it. If you find something post about it in the beta forums.

Should be opening the competition tonight or tomorrow, Draconi and QMum have kindly agreed to send us some questions we can use in the trivia contest.

Basic rules to start with will be

1) Staff can enter

2) Not everyone can enter, only users who've got 30 or more posts

3) Current beta testers may not enter

4) A geniune willingness to test the new client/game and to submit feedback wherever possible using the private Mythic SA Beta forums

5) Competition will run for 7 days

6) Winners email addresses will be forwarded to Chrissay, along with board name to receive beta codes

7) There will be three winners picked from the top entries, with a beta code for each winners, plus a set amount of gold for each winning tier (i.e. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place)

Hum this is interesting.

How about getting some forums active. Best custom house award, perhaps it can be put into our servers :D (new bank perhaps?). Best article?

I can't think of any suggestions really. As said, people would get answers to the trivia from the wikis or Google.

Or just give Beta keys to people who answer this thread :D