Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

COming back to the game!

- - - - - back coming game

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Konner

Konner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
After i joined UO last year i came here. I left UO because of what i heard about Richard Garriot (AKA Lord British) I thought he abandoned the game he made Tabula Rasa when NC soft posted a letter about him leaving and the game will be shutting down febuary 28th 2009. So me and a bunch of players of that game was angry at him because we thought he used the game for a fund for him to go into space. so i left his games completely. but to find out he was in space at the time the letter was written and when he got back he claimed he did not say he was leaving. He was forced from NC soft to leave the company. Richard Garriot is sueing NC soft for 27 million and for the rights of his game back.

So as i am no longer angry at him. Im coming back to the game.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Well also Garriott hasn't been involved in UO for a long time now. I don't think he even gets royalties anymore, but I could be wrong on that.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Wow, that's taking it pretty personally, altho he left UO almost a decade ago. There's a faint rumor he is interested in somehow coming back due to a Facebook post recently.

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
welcome back

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
welcome back to UO :)

If RG did come back, what would he say about all the additions since he left. Ninjas? Elves? WTF?? (Though SA is going back to the true Ultima storyline, between U5 and U6.)

Though oddly, he's got the unfortunate effect of whenever he appears in public, someone tries to kill him now. (ehehehe, TR beta :) )

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

welcome back to UO :)

If RG did come back, what would he say about all the additions since he left. Ninjas? Elves? WTF?? (Though SA is going back to the true Ultima storyline, between U5 and U6.)

Though oddly, he's got the unfortunate effect of whenever he appears in public, someone tries to kill him now. (ehehehe, TR beta :) )

Of course you could also say Mondain's Legacy went back to Ultima 3 when Elves and other races were a part of Ultima. I always wondered why people were so adamant against elves. The whole, they're too generic argument didn't really work because, well, orcs and dragons are just as generic, so should we get rid of them? hehe.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Welcome back Konner. What shard do you play?

After i joined UO last year i came here. I left UO because of what i heard about Richard Garriot (AKA Lord British) I thought he abandoned the game he made Tabula Rasa when NC soft posted a letter about him leaving and the game will be shutting down febuary 28th 2009. So me and a bunch of players of that game was angry at him because we thought he used the game for a fund for him to go into space. so i left his games completely. but to find out he was in space at the time the letter was written and when he got back he claimed he did not say he was leaving. He was forced from NC soft to leave the company. Richard Garriot is sueing NC soft for 27 million and for the rights of his game back.

So as i am no longer angry at him. Im coming back to the game.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Of course you could also say Mondain's Legacy went back to Ultima 3 when Elves and other races were a part of Ultima. I always wondered why people were so adamant against elves. The whole, they're too generic argument didn't really work because, well, orcs and dragons are just as generic, so should we get rid of them? hehe.

I liked Ultima 3...it was a fun game (and the first Ultima that I ever played). But I don't really consider pre-Ultima IV to be part of the lore. Also, the elves as implemented in ML are just annoying as crap. Also, I liked UO as a single-race game -- the 'race card' is way overplayed in RPGs in general. And if there *was* going to be a second playable race, it really should have been gargoyles from the start, since they've been a pretty central part of Ultima lore. Also, UO elves are really ugly. Also, Legolas. Legolas!

This anti-Elves rant was brought to you by Elvvsoil -- naturally formulated from 13 kinds of elves to keep your engine running clean!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
like ultima isn't generic? the whole thing is basically your cookie-cutter medieval fantasy world. But I agree that gargoyles make more sense.

Trouble with elves is that 95% of UO have never even read about Ultima before U4. I didnt get the chance to play 1-3, but I did do some reading about them.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Say what you want Elves did make it interesting just like the Gargoyles are going to make SA interesting. I think the Great RG will keep them going and with his interest in space he might make a Ultima in Space Expansion.

No telling what is going to happen just have to wait and see.

And as for the "I hate this expansion" people. You can't make everyone happy all the time so make the majority happy and keep on keeping on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Maybe they could make Terathans and Ophidians the next player races in some future expansions and have them perma-flagged on each other.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
Welcome back.

-Galen's player

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, coming, game