Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

West Yew University

- - - - - university west yew

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Calyndrell

Calyndrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Those of you that are old vets may remember the WYU it was based on the shore if you followed the mountains all the way NE of Shame. Now when I was an Atlantean I was one of the veterans that patrolled the area regularly. trying to help the new players.. I went by the name Darin Tigerlord or Kasumi. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happened to Silver Dryad. the founder of the university. I am pleased to see that the hut is now seer blessed. Any information would be welcome.

thanks

- Darin Tigerlord

Guest_Laura WYU_*

Guest_Laura WYU_*
  • Guests
Dear Darin,

Good to see that I am not the only old traveler here. To answer your question of what and where Silver Dryad is.... it is a long story. The long and short of it is that Silver Dryad was part of player run quest. From what I remember of my conversations with her, she was exhausted from running the University and choose this quest as a good time to exit the world of Britania. Seer Nikodemus blessed her with never leaving West Yew by turning her into a tree (being a dryad and all, very fitting) which is still located in West Yew, north of the old school building. The tree of wisdom i believe. Seer Nik also blessed alot of the school area pre trammel, and before his hyatus for UO. The school stayed open for a while after Silver changed, but without her daily guidance and the introduction of trammel the school slowly fell apart.
You may be happy to know that some of the old teachers still keep in touch. I know Skippy El Fin touches base with people occasionally. The school has long since become old news, and the introduction of non pvp areas make the safe haven of the school site un nessessary. There were several attempts to reopen the school, but it did not work out. I believe there are a few veterns still around in Uo, but they are all getting very old as this all took place 10 years ago. I found a wonderfull artical on the events of the player run event, but that was a couple of years back, and I was unable to locate the artical when I just looked for it. Hopefully this answers your questions. If you have any more, please feel free to post back, i'll do my best.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
I think I have one of your AOS robes over on Chesapeake, Darin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Calyndrell

Calyndrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
regarding robe *Chuckles* Entirely possible i have bounced on several shards

Skippy thats a name i haven't heard in a long while...

Darin

Kain Elderan

Kain Elderan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I remember WYU. That was certainly a long while ago. I was still a new player back then, just getting involved in the RP community. I recently returned to the game after a 4 year break, boy things have certainly changed. Have to admit though, no other MMO has the same atmosphere as UO.

Guest_Krythan_*

Guest_Krythan_*
  • Guests

I believe there are a few veterns still around in Uo, but they are all getting very old as this all took place 10 years ago.

Aheem. Twenty-Seven isn't "very old" in anyone's book, miss. =)

SunWolf

SunWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Long Live Yew, and Long Live WYU.  Silver Dryad was a force of nature. The house still stands and I try to keep watching over it. At times you can find tours of the old school grounds by people like Dead Bob and a few others remembering the past. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: university, west, yew