Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

beta invites - NOT

- - - - - beta invites

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
well wednesday evening and no invite for me. i sooooo wanted to be in on this. they said the invites would be out by the beginning of this week. dang.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
they updated today with a notification that invites got pushed back due to some error or another. Theres still hope
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
We might be able to get some beta access codes, or whatnot for a competition
I'll investigate.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
That's totally awesome...I hope...I hope.....

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
Ohh the suspense! It is killi...

But seriously, from UOherald:

Beta Update
Chrissay Zeeman
27 May 2009 17:21:33 EST
In the process of crossing our T's and dotting our I's we ran into a small speed bump with the Beta invitations. We hope to be able to bring you an update to this at the beginning of next week. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
*sits in money bin* You'll sell them for forum gold, I hope... :D

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I suspect theyre prepping the login server(s) to display the Beta-test shard to the people who are inducted into the beta program and not to anyone else. I've noticed there's been login server issues/maintenance towards the end of each week right when I think they'd be ready to email out the notifications to the lucky applicants. I would predict there will be one more of these login server maintenance windows again soon. After all, it's been almost 4 years since they had to mess with them.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
stop replying! I keep getting my hopes up...

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

I keep getting my hopes up...

About what?? :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
OMG, GUESS WHAT I GOT IN MY EMAIL INBOX FIVE MINUTES AGO?!?!?!?!?

Posted Image

An email about my civic association having a tree giveaway :)

Sorry Corvak, had to :)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Omg tree

(oddly enough, the maple tree addons in UO have no branches when you build them in Fel....)

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
I was just very thankful to see the invites had not gone out yet.
I am still :eusa_pray: that my invite does not get lost in the virtual mail. :weep:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Several years ago, I went to empty out my junk email box on my hotmail account and stumbled across an email inviting for a free trip. I know, sounds like typical junk mail, right? Hotmail thought so too.

However, I noticed the email mentioned Ultima, which is very strange for junk mail to do(altho WoW didnt exist at the time, these days a sizeable chunk of my junk email is for WoW gold sellers).

Intrigued, I used my google powers and discovered the sender was an event management and marketing firm. Using my l33t phreakz0r skillz, I called the number and actually got a real live person. In essence, this junk mail actually was an invitation to fly out to San Francisco and preview UXO, which I heartily accepted, perhaps the most exciting game-related thing in my life, altho it's up there with when I got my first artie drop in Doom way back when(lots of screaming and ALL CAPS were involved).

Just goes to show, never hurts to spend that extra second or two sifting through your junk mail box :)

Chrissay_Mythic

Chrissay_Mythic

UO Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
I'll make an announcement on the Herald when the first round of invitations go out. :)

Chrissay

Chrissay "Adida" Zeeman

Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth

Without The Community You Are Limited

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
Any idea what they email addy will be? My inbox is geting mega junk mail. Grrr

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
You aren't allowed to say you got an invite, are you?

So the point of this thread is nill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If people would actually read the beta registrant agreement, one of the addendums says you can admit to being in the beta program but little else. Most all the rest of the agreements says you can't repost content, info, pics or even reviews until the agreement terminates. Also says you can't act like a tool on the beta servers.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

If people would actually read the beta registrant agreement, one of the addendums says you can admit to being in the beta program but little else. Most all the rest of the agreements says you can't repost content, info, pics or even reviews until the agreement terminates. Also says you can't act like a tool on the beta servers.

Really? In that case, can I just play on the beta servers from now on? It sounds like such a nice place to be...

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
shouldnt be allowed to act like a tool anyway...too bad EAs too cheap to actually enforce it. They need to put a lot more money towards maintaining uo and fighting cheats and abusive players.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

shouldnt be allowed to act like a tool anyway...too bad EAs too cheap to actually enforce it. They need to put a lot more money towards maintaining uo and fighting cheats and abusive players.

Eww! You are joking, right? Put money in to UO?

Better use that money to create something really new... Like a football manager game for a console, or a true on-line sandbox RPG for PC... :P

Ohh, err, wait... Ehm... Football Manager games aren't new? And they already have an on-line sandbox RPG? What? UO? :o
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta, invites