Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Battle of the Ki-Rin

- - - - - battle kirin

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Evinryl/Avurlyn

Evinryl/Avurlyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I discovered a camp full of vermin, and determined to take them on. However, they spawned too quickly, too many paragons, for me to take on alone. I needed backup.

I knew exactly who to call on for help. The ki-rin, defenders of Lord Oaks.

I gathered my army, summoning all who would answer my call. Though some were hesitant, it didn't take much persuading to convince them that this nest of disease-infested vermin needed to be eradicated.

Posted Image

With my army gathered, we marched. The target: The ratman camp, northwest of the Sacrifice moongate.

Posted Image

The ki-rin grew eager, smelling the blood of evil-doers, and we made swift progress across the wilderness.

The instant we struck the camp, the ki-rin flooded forward, slinging spells and neighing wildly, ignoring all attempts I made at orders, but the devastation was total. The ratmen stood no chance.

Posted Image

Several of the paragon mages who had given me such difficulty before appeared, only to be felled by the righteous fury of the ki-rin I had herded here.

Posted Image

One of the paragon mages attacked me, but quick as thought, the ki-rin leaped to my defense, defeating the mage before I could get my first swing off.

Posted Image

I will admit, I grew drunk on gold and power; to see such a mighty army, battling on my behalf, was intoxicating!

Posted Image

I called my guildmates to watch the unbelievable events as they occurred; alas, I was growing too tired to monitor my army, but they seemed to be doing fine without me, and their battle-lust was making it difficult to command them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I retreated to the Haven bank, to count the gold that the ki-rin had no interest in, and left on the corpses of the fallen ratmen.

Posted Image

Alas, when I returned the day after, the ki-rin had vanished, and a guildmate found me with a grave look on his face. It seems that some beast had stepped in to save the vermin camp, leaving only a pile of ki-rin brains in its wake.

Another day, my foe; and this time, I shall call the unicorns to my banner as well!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
holy crap.....

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
awesome!

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
:eusa_clap:
I have much more respect for herding. And I thought it was a lost art.

:think: How can I con my tamer to add the herding skill
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I love doing this. Last weekend, I led the ki rin army up to the snowy peaks north of Lord Oaks's domain. The frost trolls, the snow elementals, and the ice elementals were no match.

I also was able to lead the ki rin army all the way to the humility spawn. What a sight to behold as the two armies clashed against each other!

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

:eusa_clap:
I have much more respect for herding. And I thought it was a lost art.

:think: How can I con my tamer to add the herding skill

One of the nice things about tamer herders is you can tame and release, say unicorns, in some other facet, then gather them all up with your herding and lead them into battle. Usually you'll need a staging grounds, however, where they cannot wander too far and will be easy to rally.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Well done, my friend! Impressive battle indeed! One distant day I will see that I verse myself in the art of herding too.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Thats very impressive. I never even knew you could do that! Quite powerful :)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

One of the nice things about tamer herders is you can tame and release, say unicorns, in some other facet, then gather them all up with your herding and lead them into battle. Usually you'll need a staging grounds, however, where they cannot wander too far and will be easy to rally.

Crates.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Ha thats good, actually create mobile pens and then herd them. How much herding is needed for that, this could make a fun rp event.

Muu Bin

Muu Bin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Crates.

While I like this idea, a small portion of my brain (which is small enough to begin with) tells me that this might be against the ROC that we have been saddled with. Something to do with blocking movement and all that... or am I completely off base on this one?

Regardless... I love the army idea.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
leave it open on one side. Then you arent blocking them in all the way.

Could also be that the rule only applies to using blocked creatures for skillgain.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

While I like this idea, a small portion of my brain (which is small enough to begin with) tells me that this might be against the ROC that we have been saddled with. Something to do with blocking movement and all that... or am I completely off base on this one?

Regardless... I love the army idea.

U shaped pens ... so one side is open... no rules will be broken. =)

You ebil dudes!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle, kirin