Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Loot Intensity

- - - - - intensity loot

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

California Rasin

California Rasin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
I was a little bored in-game yesterday and decided to go back to my Tamer Roots on Blood Elementals in Spirituality Ilsh Blood Dungeon. I found that my G-Dragon tore through them pretty easily(even paragons). What else I noticed is that while they were easier to kill, the loot had dropped significantly. The gold amount was the same as I remember it, but the item intensities have dropped. I have two questions in this regard. 1) Has anyone noticed this either on Bloods or anything else? 2) What is another beast that can be had in quantity like the bloods that give pretty good loot? I havent done much hunting outside of Peerless and Champ spawn since the publish where Bags of Sending were changed back. Could this be the cause?

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Swoops if you're a tamer, miasma if you're anyone else. Good loot intensity (not peerless level, but definitely higher-level loot table), you can kill Miasma in about 30 seconds with the right template, and they respawn basically immediately -- on my sampire, I can kill them faster than I can loot them.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
the value of loot items is just terrible on most monsters, really. It would be nice if the stuff was useable - or at least worth trying to enhance with crafters, but most of it is junk.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Yeah...I'm hoping that with the "loot review", they're going to be reducing the number of items that spawn on corpses: just give me the best 1 or 2 items...I never loot more than that anyway.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
yeah - not asking for artis or val hammer quality items to drop, but just something that people might actually wear, once enhanced by a smith or tailor.

California Rasin

California Rasin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Swoops if you're a tamer, miasma if you're anyone else. Good loot intensity (not peerless level, but definitely higher-level loot table), you can kill Miasma in about 30 seconds with the right template, and they respawn basically immediately -- on my sampire, I can kill them faster than I can loot them.

I was afraid of that. I am not the biggest Swoop fan.

I would settle for some good enhanceable loot or some good jewelry. Oh well, back to the spawns and Doom!

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

I was afraid of that. I am not the biggest Swoop fan.

I would settle for some good enhanceable loot or some good jewelry. Oh well, back to the spawns and Doom!

What does your tamer template look like? Swoops are super-easy with discord.

California Rasin

California Rasin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
Ah, he's a Tamer/Weaver. I have considered becoming a Disco/Tamer but I am not sure if I have the time to do Disco up to 120 to make it worthwhile

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
disco training is painful...it just dies at the end of the 70s or so.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Everyone says that, but I didn't find it to be that bad, at least to 100 or so (and you can use jewelry to get to 120 from there). I'd rather train disco from 0-120 than train taming from 90-100.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If loot was worth looting I think there'd be far more people in dungeons instead of just Peerlesses.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Loot is worth looking at. One of the best swords in my arsenal came from a normal demon. It has demon slayer, swing speed increase and mana leech, and while the intensities on SSI and ML aren't great, it is a very worthwhile weapon.

But the other 99.99% of the time, I don't find good weapons on any monster, up to and including peerless.

For good items (including jewelry), you really need to be doing strong box quests. The minimum intensity on any strong box item is 66% (FCR 2, 10 skill points, etc) and you can get a maximum of five mods on any of the items.

The problem is that most of the quests are either dull (minotaur quest) or VERY dangerous (New Leadership quest, Dread Horn quest, etc).

The intensity on monster loot hasn't dropped, but since you've been doing peerless a lot, your standards have probably increased. Since you have a greater dragon, I would suggest killing named monsters at the bare minimum. Thrasher, Coil, Miasma and Swoop tend to be generous. The Bedlam named monsters can be generous and fun (and if you know what you're doing, you can solo Grizzle afterward)

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

The intensity on monster loot hasn't dropped, but since you've been doing peerless a lot, your standards have probably increased. Since you have a greater dragon, I would suggest killing named monsters at the bare minimum. Thrasher, Coil, Miasma and Swoop tend to be generous. The Bedlam named monsters can be generous and fun (and if you know what you're doing, you can solo Grizzle afterward)

Oh, yeah, I'd second the Bedlam named guys. They have roughly the same loot level as swoop/miasma, and are probably a little easier. Only problem is sometimes you'll wind up with 4 of them on your greater at once plus a rotting corpse or two. If that happens, run outside immediately and use your pet ball to get your dragon back. Also, use GHeal to heal your dragon, don't vet: the named guys in there wither like crazy, so you want to stand back, or you'll get targeted and usually die fast (Sir Patrick is especially bad about this).

Also, Red Death is awesome if you have Discord. Can't say I'd really recommend bothering with it otherwise: takes about 45 sec-1 min to do from full if you discord first. Probably takes 5 minutes or so un-disco'd. Red Death's loot table seems to be actually a little better than the other named creatures in there (3.5k gold vs. 2.5k gold), and it drops Resolve's Bridles (used for hitching ropes, and sell for 10k-100k each, depending on shard's economy). Probably not quite as good for gold throughput, but I've pulled some good items from Red Death.

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
What's your luck ??? That's a quick and effective way to get a little better return on yr farming. If u hunting with G-drag, your armor probably isn't as critical, so try raising your luck before u hit the dungeons.

Not to mislead u .... it still won't be anything near the named monster loot, but I do tend to get a few more pieces of junk that can at least be modified, when I'm running around with 1500 luck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intensity, loot