Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Graphics. (Iris 2)

- - - - - graphics iris

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ghostwyren

Ghostwyren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Alright im brand new to the forums but i started playing uo back in 99. I keep seeing posts about bringing back uo2 etc. But why do that why not just build off the stones you have? I know the codes old but slowly update it etc. Do a big expansion release that doesnt just change basic mobiles and spells do a brand new graphic system. Something as simple as what you have on Warhammer. You would get so many subs back its not even funny. But if thats to much to ask why not at least buy or do something similar to Iris 2. I mean there doing it for fun. Running strictly off of donations. You have an actual paid team you could pop it out in 1/5th the time. Heres a youtube link. Sorry before hand if this isnt supposed to be posted on here.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I have heard of Iris but never actually played it. Is it legal to use with OSI Servers or only with freeshards?

Truth be told, I always asked myself why EA didn't do something similar when they brought out KR...

Ghostwyren

Ghostwyren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
On their website they say for free servers. I dont know if thats because they only want it run on free servers or if osi just wouldnt support this sort of 3rd party program. Either way its something EA could do them selfs. They didnt make any drastic changes to the base script and all of the mobiles are directly from the ones EA uses.

I dont want to say that changing the graphics would be the all godly change UO needs to come back to life. But it would deffinatly be a great start. And givin everything else that UO has to offer I think it would bring back at least a few hundred min. Yes I know it would bring back some players were all none to fond of like the WoW youngins but though we have a great comunity we still need people to pvp with and buy our items.

Also it would need a little extra work such as resizing but i mean overall why not try it and see what happens?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It'd be considered illegal by EA/Mythic, so careful where you go with this discussion please.

As per our rules

Illegal Third Party Programs: Advertisments and Links to them are prohibited, Mentioning by name however, is ok.

Ghostwyren

Ghostwyren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks Adam for clearing that up I wasnt 100% confident it would be ok. And I was not in anyway saying to use this program as which I didnt give a link to it. I was just saying they may or may not benefit from doing something similar. Or maybe buy the program themselfs and revamp it a little.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
That looks kinda fantastic...I wish it were usable on the real shards, OSI blessing or no.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphics, iris