Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Stygian Abyss NDA Beta Agreement.

- - - - - abyss agreement beta nda stygian

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just a reminder for the upcoming beta of Stygian abyss

When you signed up for the beta you agreed to the Beta Agreement, which is legally binding document.

So please, if you're in the SA beta, don't post about it here, don't post any content from the beta UNTIL EA/Mythic give the approval to do so. (And this approval MUST come from one of the EA reps, or be posted on the UO site)

Again - Beta Agreement

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Reminder. Whille we can say we're in beta, that's the extent of the information you can acknowledge.

We'll take any infractions very seriously here at UOF. Any questions, opinions, etc should be posted on EAMythic's Beta forum. If your in, you have acces to that via your letter.

Good luck, have fun and most of all...TEST IT! :apint:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If youre not on Facebook, the official UO Facebooker(Chrissay?) mentioned the first person was banned yesterday for breaking the terms of the Stygian Abyss Beta Non-Disclosure Agreement that all Beta participants have agreed to and are bound by.

They are serious about the NDA.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Of course they are and rightfully so!

Im still interested in the leaked info, though ;)

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Yep, just saw that and was going to post. I'm glad their serious, and really hope folks test, test, test.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I wonder if banned means they were kicked out of Beta or had their account banned.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Only kicked out of beta, I believe.

NDA? Who cares? Why can't I know things that are happening? I must know! Whyyy??

-
The answer to this, is essentially, the way some people take things they read on the internet. If you hear about X feature that beta testers are seeing, and X gets removed or changed in a later build, you will have a negative opinion of the product being tested, and see it as something being taken, rather than not having existed at all. You could also see unfinished content as how it will work on release, and pre-judge software before release. This is more important when you consider online content, where many players will read your opinion and pass judgement on unfinished software.

- Secondly, protection of intellectual property. If something is leaked early enough, competing developers may steal the idea and claim it as their own.

Regardless of the specifics of the Ultima Online franchise, these are reasons why many developers maintain Non Disclosure Agreements with their testers - just to clear up why EA would be so diligent in enforcing it.

Warrior of Time

Warrior of Time

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I don't think anyone would want UO/SA to end up like UO/KR with an early release. To me that would be a good enough reason to ban from beta testing.
Jesus the king of kings is coming

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abyss, agreement, beta, nda, stygian