Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOAM functionality?

- - - - - functionality uoam

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
I was wondering (not that I have any more say in this matter than any other subscriber, but I wanted to know! And it might even increase adoption of SA as a client..) how many people would like to see the UOAM functionality implemented in the new SA client...

We have seen from Draconi's blog on Facebook that the mapping in SA has been vastly improved compared to KR, and looks more like 2D in functionality, but supposedly also still has the new features of the KR map, which includes setting waypoints and showing where party-members are.

It should be possible (if it is not in there yet, of course) to do the same for guild and maybe even alliance members.
Add a Panic! button, and we're almost there... ;)

Whaddaya think?
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I expect the SA client will have good mapping, while the 2D client will not.

I think they should just adapt UOAM and build it right into both clients.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
i really hope they implement UOAM funtionalities like being able to see certain people on the map, not only your party. Or even better: make it compatible to UOAM. That'sthe main reason my 2d-playing guildmates get mad at me in PvP, because they can't see me on the map. Thus I get blamed when we get raided by pitr and his gang :P

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Pitr and his gang? I wonder who that could be....eheh...

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Voted Yes, Would love to see options for showing Guild members along with party members. Was thinking alliance also, but that might be too much. So I'll settle for Party and guild tracking features.

Down the line I'd love to see voice communication like LOTRO has, but not a game breaker, so to speak, for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I've found that most in-game voice systems are not used much, simply because Ventrilo offers better quality, and you can use it when not logged into UO.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
I would be very happy if they offered party, guild and friends (the type you can add yourself manually...) as options for display on the map. (I think Alliance is a bit too much as well, but it was early when I posted the original post <G>)

I would be even happier if they included a PANIC function...
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: functionality, uoam