Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

NecroMageWeaver

necromageweaver

82 replies to this topic

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Easy gold for a necro-mage (though the spawn rate is rather slow):
Get an ogre slayer (cheap) or repond slayer (very expensive) spell book
Head to arctic ogre lords.
Cast corpse skin on one.
Cast flame strike.
Cast another flame strike.
Collect gold.

You can do the same thing with ice wyrms and a dragon/reptile slayer spellbook, but you'll need one of those arctic ogre lords as "bait." Thank goodness for dryad allure! For the wyrms you get more gold as well as hides (barbed leather is worth more than the gold these days), but the risk is higher. Slightly.

For the real big bucks, do champ spawns. There you can get high end items as well as a bunch of gold in the spawns. But they're very dangerous (even the non-PvP facet spawns), so wait until you're good at being a necro-mage or you have friends along for the ride.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Easy gold for a necro-mage (though the spawn rate is rather slow):
Get an ogre slayer (cheap) or repond slayer (very expensive) spell book
Head to arctic ogre lords.
Cast corpse skin on one.
Cast flame strike.
Cast another flame strike.
Collect gold.

You can do the same thing with ice wyrms and a dragon/reptile slayer spellbook, but you'll need one of those arctic ogre lords as "bait." Thank goodness for dryad allure! For the wyrms you get more gold as well as hides (barbed leather is worth more than the gold these days), but the risk is higher. Slightly.

For the real big bucks, do champ spawns. There you can get high end items as well as a bunch of gold in the spawns. But they're very dangerous (even the non-PvP facet spawns), so wait until you're good at being a necro-mage or you have friends along for the ride.

All good advice. That said, champ spawns are significantly less dangerous for NecroMageWeavers than it is for a lot of other characters if you get a level 6 focus and 60+ in all resists. Once you get to that point, Gift of Renewal will keep you alive while you run around the spawn in wraith form spamming Essence of Wind. This will utterly crush the first 1-2 levels of a spawn and still get you lots of points on the 3rd and 4th. Against the Champion it gets even easier, use an Arctic Ogre Lord or sometimes an Orc Brute and back it up with Fireball/Lightning/Mind Blast until it's down to below 30% HP and then use Nyraxle to finish it off. Have a horde minion ready for when the big boss goes down so you can collect your earnings.

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Tweak it to your liking...

Options:
- Summon a Wolf pet and you cant go 0 stam...
(you can also tame two bake kitsuni and enjoy their company, aye 0 taming and you will be able to command them... weird hum =))
- Potions.
- Stam Regen 3 piece somewhere in your suit.

how do u tame the bake kitsuni?? i tried, it didnt work at all.

I have 100 magery, 101 necro.

do i have to have the wolf pet out to be able to tame it? or do i need spellweaving etc??

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
you need to be in wolf form.

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

you need to be in wolf form.

Wolf FORM??? their is such a thing? i thought it was just a Wolf Firmilar u summon out that dog or w/e

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
D'oh! I was thinking Ninja! (ninjas in wolf form can control all wolf types)

I don't know how necros can tame wolves, heh.

Pitr??

Eldar Longstride

Eldar Longstride

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Summon a Dark Wolf can tame any animal with wolf pack instinct.
"Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome; time for this one to play UO !!! :heart5:

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Summon a Dark Wolf can tame any animal with wolf pack instinct.

No, it's all wolf-type monsters. Bakes don't have pack instincts at all.

I've wondered if you can use this to tame Cus. That would be an interesting side-business.

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
can u tame that rideable WOLF then?? then ride it?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
The Cu Sidhe? No.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

No, it's all wolf-type monsters. Bakes don't have pack instincts at all.

I've wondered if you can use this to tame Cus. That would be an interesting side-business.

I've heard tell (I was quit at the time) that they made the mistake of allowing cu's in the dark wolf tameable group for a very short time. But currently, you can't tame cu's with a dark wolf.

You can't tame hell hounds either (pity, I really wanted a hell hound pack when I was testing).

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
ok im getting my spellweaving up its about 66 now, and climbing..

What are tactics and spells to use when fighting monsters.

If you are Magery,Necro,Spellweaver.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
wraith form, wisp up.

Versus Boss/Big Creature.

arcane empowerment
corpse skin
flame strike
fireball when you are low on mana.

then all depends of your weaving focus.
you use this at different life %.

arcane empowerment
word of death
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
u dont use blood oath? or summon up the dead? or summon fey? etc? or EV's?

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Wraith and Wisp is the best way to go most of the time, and the higher your focus the better, although you'll rarely get a 6 until you hit at least 80 skill. Further, when you're in combat you should keep Gift of Life and Arcane Empowerment up as much as possible.

Champion Spawns:
Gift of Renewal and Protection on self.
If you have a pet, set it to follow you (not guard).
Attack with Essence of Wind. It covers a huge area and will likely kill 1st- and 2nd-level spawn in 2-3 hits. Against higher level spawn, it still does decent damage. Gift of Renewal and 70 resist in physical, fire, and energy is extremely important since that will keep your HP up. Even if you're getting mobbed by imps and such you'll still be well off enough to retreat.

Exceptions: Forest Lord. In the Forest Lord spawn, you absolutely want positive karma (high Illustrious at the very least). Have a pet Arctic Ogre Lord and a summoned Earth Elemental kill Shadow Wisps, Wisps, Centaurs, and Serpentine Dragons while you run behind them and loot.

vs. champions and peerless:
Turn Protection off.
keep Corpse Skin up
Fireball. Don't EVER use Flamestrike, with 2/6 it takes 4 times as much mana, 3 times as much time, and does just a little over 2 times as much damage. It will take some coordination to do rapid fire with those fireballs, but it's a significantly better tactic once you do.

If you have at least 90 skill, use Word of Death to finish off a boss once it goes below 30% HP (or 5% times your focus strength). You only have a 25% success rate at 90 skill, but at the same time your gains past 90 skill are going to be gotten from either Word of Death or the GGS.

Special Tactics:
-Lord Oaks. Use Nature's Wrath to hit Oaks until he brings out Silvani. Once he does that, focus everything on Silvani and ignore Oaks. If possible, don't even fight Oaks while taking out Silvani, otherwise they'll both start spawning faeries that will murder your karma and interrupt your spells. While using Corpse Skin and Fireball will work against Silvani, don't do it against Oaks. Corpse Skin will cut the damage done by Greater Dragons significantly, and the boost it will give to your fireballs is simply not enough to justify it. Just cast Fireball.
-Rikktor. Corpse Skin will cut the damage done by Greater Dragons significantly and boost his one weak resistance as well: Cold. Cast Mind Blast.
-Semidar. Even with Corpse Skin Semidar has far weaker Energy Resistance. Forget the curse and just cast Lightning.
-Mephitis. Avoid attacking directly. Use an Arctic Ogre Lord to fight Mephitis and just focus on keeping it and any pets around alive.
-Paroxysmus. Keep him affected by Corpse Skin to give him a nice weak spot for Paladins to hit. You yourself should focus on casting Arch Cure on the tanks, using Gift of Renewal to keep yourself alive. Fireball only when you're high in life and the tanks aren't poisoned.
-Monsterous Grizzle. Use Poison Strike instead of Fireball if you can.
-Shimmering Effusion. Try to keep Corpse Skin on the Effusion, but your first target should be the monsters it spawns. Corpse Skin and Fireball is effective on each of them. Try to avoid shooting the wisps.
-Meraktus. Corpse Skin can make dragons deal significantly less damage to him, and best case scenario it just makes his Fire resist about on par with his Energy resist. Just use Lightning instead.

Blood Oath is worthless in PvE. If the boss attacks you, you're dead. Animate Dead, Summon Fey, EVs, and most other summoning spells are ineffective against these bosses. They'll either get dispelled, killed by area attacks, or simply not do significant damage. An Arctic Ogre Lord is often your best bet. Animate Dead works well at higher levels of Champion Spawns since you get some pretty tough creatures following you that way, but they're for fighting the spawn itself. A peerless or champion will just kill them. That said, it's good to use Animate Dead as a denial strategy for bosses that use Necromancy like Neira and Melisande.

MegaMongbat

MegaMongbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Was fun to see the price of LRC full suit drop from 300k....

Heh, I remember just after AOS... people were spamming Brit bank (yes, back in the day people still spammed there) selling 100% LRC suits for 1mil upwards.

At the time and for a few years after that, having 100%+ LRC was still beneficial.
Any percentage above 100% meant you would also use LRC when scribing scrolls.

Head + Neck + Gloves + Arms + Legs on 20% = 100%
Armour of Fortune + ring + bracelet on 20% meant a total of 180% LRC.
Meaning on could scribble scrolls like mad, sell them to NPCs and make a fortune off them!
(while ofcourse buying the reagents needed off faction vendors)

These days, for an LRC suit (generally costing 60k or less) to be worth 1mil+ it also needs 45% LMC, be medible, have FC/FCR AND decent mana regen. Heh

Still, I have a suit on Europa with 100% LRC, 45% LMC, 12 mana regen, FC/FCR 2/6
Any bids? ;)

Caffeine

Caffeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

95.0/100 Focus POINTED DOWN( I just let it go up on its own for some additional mana regen while training)

In case you did not know, focus is the hardest skill to lose. This means, it is harder to get gains (you have lose a point to gain a point). To make your gains easier, train in alchemy and lose those points (alchemy is the easiest - or one of the easiest skills to lose points in). Your gains in other skills will go quicker if you do this.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
If you have a soulstone or a fragment, use it to suck the points off. You can transfer a skill to the stone, and have the stone empty itself.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

In case you did not know, focus is the hardest skill to lose. This means, it is harder to get gains (you have lose a point to gain a point). To make your gains easier, train in alchemy and lose those points (alchemy is the easiest - or one of the easiest skills to lose points in). Your gains in other skills will go quicker if you do this.

I had no trouble losing focus whatsoever, and my gains in other skills seem to be totally independent of whether I'm losing Focus, Med, or even Bushido.

Caffeine

Caffeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
You will notice a difference when approaching high levels in hard to gain skills. Check powergamers for details on skill decay. It's not that much of a difference but when you are finishing off your skills it is easier to gain if you are losing an easier to lose skill.

Reply to this topic