Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

NecroMageWeaver

necromageweaver

82 replies to this topic

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Tweak it to your liking...

Options:
- Summon a Wolf pet and you cant go 0 stam...
(you can also tame two bake kitsuni and enjoy their company, aye 0 taming and you will be able to command them... weird hum =))
- Potions.
- Stam Regen 3 piece somewhere in your suit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Tweak it to your liking...

Options:
- Summon a Wolf pet and you cant go 0 stam...
(you can also tame two bake kitsuni and enjoy their company, aye 0 taming and you will be able to command them... weird hum =))
- Potions.
- Stam Regen 3 piece somewhere in your suit.

Simply being Human or using a Crystalline Ring (to get 20 focus) should also provide enough Stam Regen to keep running.

Having just now gotten my Focus to 0 on my own character and having lost my mount (use flesh-and-blood mounts if you're low Dex), I'm starting to notice the Stamina issue, but I don't find it to be particularly hindering, just annoying. I'm going to start running around with a Dark Wolf until I get a Crystalline Ring, though, just so it's a total non-issue.

Old Magi

Old Magi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I must say this template is awesome. I started working on my male elf version about 7 days ago. I'm already a dread lord and made easy 1mil gold just playing around with him. Current skills and stats.

100.8/110 necro (110 with jewelry)
102.7/110 magery
100/100 meditation
98.9/100 Eval
98.2/110 Spirit Speak
49.1/110 Spellweaving (just finished the quest last night)

95.0/100 Focus POINTED DOWN( I just let it go up on its own for some additional mana regen while training)

I chose the discipline quest line as i'd never been to Sanctuary before it was an exciting experience.

My current question is did most people choose "Friend of the Fiends" since we're necro and have bad karma by definition?

Thanks again Pitr,

An Old Grey Magi

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Karma is so easy to manipulate nowandays that you can somewhat easily make a Glorious necromancer, and I don't mean a Sampire, either!

As for getting the Summon Fiend/Summon Fey spells, I got both. Honestly, neither is very good. Summon Fiend can be useful for non-casting bosses like Travesty since they have pack instinct, and Summon Fey can deal some serious DPS if you keep the fairies from going into melee, but the best setup you'll have is probably going to be an Orc Brute, a familiar, and a mount (ethy, maybe, but still a mount). That's 5 follower slots.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Human to many good things come from that...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Well I must say this template is awesome. I started working on my male elf version about 7 days ago. I'm already a dread lord and made easy 1mil gold just playing around with him. Current skills and stats.

102.7/110 magery
100/100 meditation
98.9/100 Eval
98.2/110 Spirit Speak

95.0/100 Focus POINTED DOWN( I just let it go up on its own for some additional mana regen while training)

I chose the discipline quest line as i'd never been to Sanctuary before it was an exciting experience.

My current question is did most people choose "Friend of the Fiends" since we're necro and have bad karma by definition?

Thanks again Pitr,

An Old Grey Magi

Whoa, Can you tell me how and what you were farming to get close to 1million gold on this template?

I have a similar template, I haven't gotten the spellweaving yet, I need too.

But I have everything else just about what you have.. I was killing Tuski Wolves, but that was getting kinda old just tossed out some EV's.. Perhaps I'm not using my Necro/Mage properly but what we're u killin, u were solo?? I need tips! :)

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Karma is so easy to manipulate nowandays that you can somewhat easily make a Glorious necromancer, and I don't mean a Sampire, either!

As for getting the Summon Fiend/Summon Fey spells, I got both. Honestly, neither is very good. Summon Fiend can be useful for non-casting bosses like Travesty since they have pack instinct, and Summon Fey can deal some serious DPS if you keep the fairies from going into melee, but the best setup you'll have is probably going to be an Orc Brute, a familiar, and a mount (ethy, maybe, but still a mount). That's 5 follower slots.

what do all the different familiars do and which one is most commonly used while hunting?

Sick necro/mage can ride ethy's?

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

102.7/110 magery
100/100 meditation
98.9/100 Eval
98.2/110 Spirit Speak

Thanks again Pitr,

An Old Grey Magi

I need to know what you're doing! How did you become dread lord? I'm an outcast thats about it, what stats did you go with? What are u hunting and where!??! OMG!!! :huh

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
quickest way to go dread is to wear a cloak of corruption and just keep healing yourself.

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
yeah i dont have one on this guy and the one i had i turned into a power cloak for my archer :P still want to kno what he's hunting and where to make a million gold easily and how w/ what spells/skills on this build.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
ok, go to ilshenar and kill ki-rins and unicorns near the oaks spawn, preferably using necromancy spells.

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

ok, go to ilshenar and kill ki-rins and unicorns near the oaks spawn, preferably using necromancy spells.

im new to being a Necro/Mage, what would be good Necro spells to use, what combo's work well together and which form and firmiliar should i use? :huh

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Won't he attract all those faeries out there? And from what I've seen, the uni's & Ki-Rins pretty much only spawn when your working up the oaks spawn (A couple unicorns do spawn near the lake, but only a couple)

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
yeah i need that one guy to reply !!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
true, but its the only place I know that spawns lots of positive karma targets. During invasions you could just kill npcs in an invaded city :)

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
If you want to go dread really fast, then I think Serpentine Passage might be the way to go. There's not the density of faeries there that you'll find at Oaks, so there's less risk of bodily harm. Further, the Serpentine Dragons and Centaurs that spawn are good for leather and arrows.

As for necromancy, there is no one familiar to use. If you're going to be chain-casting spells, then Wraith Form with a Shadow Wisp familiar will help you keep your mana up while a Horde Demon serves as a decent packie. Dark Wolves have a few specific uses, but I think Death Adders and Vampire Bats are generally useless because familiar AI is poor at best.

Also, anyone can ride an ethy. You can't ride it while you're transformed, but you don't need to be transformed 24/7.

EDIT: More on the OP: I find that there is never, EVER, any point to train either Focus or Meditation. They rise so fast nowandays that you'll GM them possibly before you even hit 80 magery. Also, there are some other good quests to take that aren't listed:

Magery- gives a very nice -10 MW staff, perfect for training.
Eval Int- gives a 1/1 ring, works great until you can afford something better.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

EDIT: More on the OP: I find that there is never, EVER, any point to train either Focus or Meditation. They rise so fast nowandays that you'll GM them possibly before you even hit 80 magery. Also, there are some other good quests to take that aren't listed:

Magery- gives a very nice -10 MW staff, perfect for training.
Eval Int- gives a 1/1 ring, works great until you can afford something better.

My fault there... we spoil our mages with wands, lrc suits and 2/6 ring/bracers... I assumed it was done on all shards. =)

To do the quests safely... just precast invis... move a bit... invis again... move... until you are at the Quest Fearie.
(or gather the quest items with another character)

About Karma... just put on a cloak of corruption. =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yeah Pitr...We have the Magik Academy :) Nobody is ever wanting LRC on cats... :)

I always just let med and focus go up on characters i'm training a mana skill on, then soulstone them into oblivion when I hit cap.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Was fun to see the price of LRC full suit drop from 300k....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zal

Zal

Grandmaster Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
so where is Serpentine passage? Also, what/where is a good place to grind on monsters for Gold/Loot as a necro/mage etc?

I started to get the hang of tuski wolves last night but boy is it still a bit dangerous :P

I might need better gear but i have decent stuff i think at the moment, but if you're on Atlantic and feeling like being nice hook me up ;)

My character right now is:
Human
85str,15dex,125int (base stats, more w/ gear on but not at home right now so i dont remember.)

100 Magery
100 Med
110 Resist Spells
101.5 Necro
96.5 Spirit Speak (how do you GM This?!)
98 Eval int (how DO U GM THIS!?)
And I still need to go get Spellweaving, its at 0 right now :<

Reply to this topic