Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What do you do for fun in UO?

- - - - - fun uo

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Good question.

It's funny. Most of the activities in UO which are usually fun, can be spoiled by one thing or another.

PvP - 'nuff said

Hunting - There's always that one asshole that has to lead spawn to you / steal your kill / find anything on your paper doll or other to make fun of you.

Selling wares at the bank - Sometimes there are just slow days where it seems like you're the only active player there, except for the occasional scam artists, and you wonder if you're wasting your time.

Re-stocking vendors - Sometimes this can just seem like a chore.

On and on, there's always something. EXCEPT for one activity. Over the years, I always go back to this when I don't have to worry or be bothered with my night being ruined.

I just go fishing. Never fails.

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
I like to spoil others fun, for fun. When I'm not Role Playing that is!

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
All my chars are RP, i know, i know im sad. I also like to Beat up Dell and die his clothes pink when he is down :P Dit does it to me all the time :(
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Kil ppl and take their things. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts

All my chars are RP, i know, i know im sad. I also like to Beat up Dell and die his clothes pink when he is down :P Dit does it to me all the time :(

That was funny when we did that in SK!! Oh my God, did Dit escape? Not sure if he did. I think we tried to get him though :grin:

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Guest_beezeeb_*

Guest_beezeeb_*
  • Guests
I like to log onto other shards, make a new char, and head from umbra to luna checking out all the house designs along the way.

Pretty lame hu..

Archaon

Archaon

Breathe of Life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Hunt ninja!! When Sam empire first came out i used to hate when you were fighting a ronin, or something that was a worth while battle and then out of the blue that elite ninja would appear and unbalnce the scales..!!! grrrr, so now i take great pride wandering round tokuno waiting to be jumped by a group of ninja's!! and cutting them down to size with my soul seeker!!!!!

so much fun, and revenge is a plate best served cold!!!

Evil Ninja Troll

Evil Ninja Troll

I paint Cats.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Hunt ninja!!

What tha !?!?!

What I ever do to you?

oops, wrong ninja...
:evil7:
Evil will always conquer over good, because good is dumb.

Archaon

Archaon

Breathe of Life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
lol....

my bad, i hate those annoying Elite ninja's ;)

i must admit I am tempted to try a ninja class, since they annoy me, myabe i can annoy them?!?! plus they look fun to try

Sir_Ignatz

Sir_Ignatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

a friend's house, leaving brigand, harpy, ettin, troll, ogre, spider, headless, and whatever-else-happens-to-attack-me corpses in my wake.
Then walk back.

Me too. I also leave all the loot laying around the ground 'as a warning to others'. :)

If you see 'yard sales' in Catskills, I might have set them up... :grin:

Sir_Ignatz

Sir_Ignatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
4 Brigands later, instant yard sale...

Attached Thumbnails

• YardSale.JPG

'Me fail English? That's unpossible.' - Ralph Wiggum

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Hmmmm, lately?

Hit luna bank and see whats going on there.

Work my chars up to their appropriate levels.

Hunt in Tokuno for ToTs. (damn shame tahts done...)

Check spawns for groups that arent going to to take the gold shower.

Hit the Dojo and DOOM for anytihng.

Donate to the zoo.

Try to help newer players.

Check the news on Criers.

Pretty much anything I do in Sosaria is fun. Thats why EA is getting my money....again!

Posted Image

freddy

freddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hunt cows :D

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
I Decorate & RP

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Samhain

Samhain

The Noble Paladin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
For "fun" in UO I generally just obliterate the bottom level of Shame. Not very impressive I know, but it is fun, and I guess every once and awhile I get careless and go down to 25% life if a Blood gets a few lucky hits.

Shame was the first dungeon I ever visited. Back in the day, after Trammel was available, there were so many people in Shame you could just sit and talk for what seemed like hours. It's nice to relive the old days, and since no-ones around I can just wipe everything myself.

I used to hang around doing the Tetheran Keep thing once people abandoned it practically for the new lands. In recent times however Tetheran Keep has been an integral part of storyline development and new game additions, reducing its fun level to me personally. It used to be great to grab up a bard, get naked, and go all the way back by the Nightmare and hang out for hours in hiding. I'd just pop out, provoke, hide again, always knowing one hit would kill me. The suspense was great. Those days are long gone, it' a totally different game now.

Secondarily I suppose wandering around Ileshnar. Again, for a similar reason. When Third Dawn came out, there was little to no spawn. So as opposed to talking for hours, and taking notes memorizing empty dungeons, its nice to actually have something to fight.

Danger is good too of course, but danger in the UO I see today is either PvP or creatures you stand no chance of killing solo. I do in fact participate in the things mentioned above when I can and they are tons of fun. Both PvP and spawn worth killing tends to take hours and hours on end to organize or complete, which is not readily available.

The short answer (as it seems):
I like to live my characters lives within the game world, and watch the development of the game over time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction.
Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
RP.
It's hard to express just how much this has helped the fun for the game. It adds a story to the things I like to do in game. To me, violence without a reason is boring.

Farming.
Since I live in America and am on a rotating shift, I can't be online during Europa's Prime time when I work day shift(I get off work after midnight Europa time). This gives me a chance to do the selfish gaming. After reading some of the messages on an earlier thread I have decided to try to get me a good suit of LRC armor. I hadn't thought I would need it since the CORE ruleset does not allow these kind of things but the shadow void showed me differently. Hopefully I'll be more helpful in the next in game scenario.

Mercedes

Mercedes

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,193 posts
I enjoy all the peerless, DH & mel I enjoy the most :)

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
I like to waste my insurance money on para balrons and blackrock eles. hehe

Lustivia

Lustivia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I go exploring in fel and see how many pk'rs i can get chasing me, that or go exploring dungeons and places that are supper hard and play tag with the paragons. :D Ya i die a lot....

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I try to find things in UO that no one has before - Bugs , weird tiles , and other weird stuff its pretty fun :). Like today I found this.

I was working ninjitsu I was in froggy form and was casting mirror images and somtimes for about .5 of a second your images turn normal then goes back to froggy its pritty weird but I couldnt get a shot of it it happened to fast. =(. oh well you should try it. its pretty neat.

Posted Image
I'm back. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fun, uo