Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What do you do for fun in UO?

- - - - - fun uo

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Everything single thing I do in UO is for fun, and when it stops being fun I do something else, with six characters per shard and over a hundred skills to play with, to me the question really should be, what is not fun. :)
Posted Image

Yuallica

Yuallica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

And yes... I find lumberjacking and mining fun. I think most people think that's grounds for having me put away.

I go mining and lumberjacking for fun too! Crafting too actually. That's probably the reason why my first ever GM skill was Lumberjacking and my second and third were Carpentry and Bowcraft.
Posted Image

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I've been working on a stealth so lately I've been sneaking around looking at all things I usually have to run past :)

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Cephas

Cephas

Lord of Knights [V]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Terrance really took the words that I was going to use, but hey...

For right now, I'm stripmining Ilshenar in search of 10 more fire rubies. Beyond that, I like to just walk around Magincia, soak in the atmosphere.

If I *must* go hunt something for fun, I will usually walk from a moongate to a friend's house, leaving brigand, harpy, ettin, troll, ogre, spider, headless, and whatever-else-happens-to-attack-me corpses in my wake.
Then walk back.

Posted Image

The Illustrious Lord Cephas [Lord of Knights, V]
Grandmaster Armsman and Knight of Compassion, Valor & Sacrifice, Follower of Honor

Pestilence

Pestilence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
As all should know...there is NO fun...:shocked: it is all work work work...fingers movin fast...click click of the mouse...sweaty hands from hours of keg making, running for your life in the mines when you realize you have no recalls and something is chasing you and you are almost overloaded....or someone....!! trying to take a drink or hae a smoke whilst being pummelled by mellie... I say that is not fun !! It is most glorious!! :grin:

pmsl...(piss myself laughing) :laugh:

My fun is the people...the newbs that I take under my wing and try to teach what I know...and relearning what I have forgotten...talking to friends I have had for years...and talking of friends that are no longer running in the dungeons with me. (or out with a quickness) It is the people I meet everyday and the ones I have yet to meet. I have been off and on UO....since 98-99 mebbe 99-00 (not sure anymore) lol and I have always been drawn back because of the people. But then, that is not fun.....that is companionship...and that is what makes UO special.

I have a request....I am looking for a mate....named Shun/kitiarra was in KSD on Europa...he left after I did in 02 or so...If anyone knows him....tell him...Wasabi!!! I'm back!! :P cheers

Branwilde

Branwilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Go out on community hunts located in Skara Brae Community Center. There's something going on every night, but no pressure to attend. Get to hunt a wide variety of creatures with a great group of folks on Superior Shard.
Posted Image

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*
  • Guests
im a GM Banksitter hehehe
its fun to sit and watch the silly conversations
i tryed to fight once....
then i decided i should just be a banksitting smith

Yuallica

Yuallica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
HarleyQuinn, when you are banksitting transform your character into something else with magery or ninjitsu if you can, and see how many people around you do the same thing. It's funny when everyone transforms and you get a mixture of ogres and chickens stood at the bank :grin:
Posted Image

Slaveone

Slaveone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
For the past few months it's mainly been beating up on Melisande over and over in hopes of yet another crimson. I do the other peerless as well but only when we can get some allies together to help get the keys. I think my favorite peerless to get keys for and fight is actually Grizzle but those keys have short timers! Sparing with guild and ally members is always fun. Also decorating my tower and organizing all the stuf i've horded over the years. Most recently slaughtering Ophids in Vesper and Paupa for cursed artis and fun gotten 3 so far 2 helms of insight and an armor of fortune.

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Sometimes DiP and Maddux let me watch them kill people.:grin: But seriously, I enjoy rp.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Steven

Steven

Yeah You Should Be Happy, Your Talking To ME!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well this is a very good question! While most of you work on skills or do anything involving physical activity I do somthing much more different! I find exploits and bugs if I can and report them also i try to sell as much stuff as I can to make a profit to try to get a shard transfer!

Branwilde

Branwilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I confess, I love running around as a tree with 5 pixies guarding me and bees swarming everywhere. This is especially true in Haven, minus the bees.
Posted Image

VoloMapleLeaf

VoloMapleLeaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I have the king of all past times!I collect healer robes :hat34: I love it everyday i seem to find a new hue some of there robes look better than tailor reward robes.I currently have about 50 of em and most of them are different colors.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
That reminds me... in another post I put down what items I would 'bank' if I were to put my account on hold.... I totally forgot my Sandal Collection with my old red and black and silver and 35 other pairs of sandals. ... Maybe I would have to keep those in my back pack.. For fun... hmmm I am a boring person really. I shear sheep and spin thread... it soothes me.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Doesn't always have to be a good fight Snowy ^_^ It is whatever you enjoy and do for fun!

I sometimes just to relax at home and talk to my foxes (yes I talk to NPC's) They seem to enjoy getting out and barking and stuff though so I try to usually hit a dungeon when I am done watering plants and feeding my 4 crazy fishies. They are weird and hard to take care of sometimes.. I put a bottle of food in thier everyday and it kept saying hungrey and then starving and I put 2 pints of water in it. Had no clue what I was doing wrong so I cleaned out the fish tank after putting my 4 little ones into a fish bowl and then filled it with new water, put food in there, and released them back in and seem to be doing okay now. Still do not know why it got bad the first time...

Sometimes my foxes walk into the room while I am working with the fishies and they laugh (like I hyena) and that is thier favorite food to eat O_O so I take them back out of the room and shut the door before she can walk back through the door. Two crazy foxes but one likes to sit out on the roof with the sun hitting her back.

Then I got Jaina my llama who likes to be brave and try to fight harpies outside and then one of my foxes see it too and try to head out there and get at it =P

Haha, man I have to be boring ah well I enjoy myself ^_^

I wish thier was a thread of people's UO pets, I'd love to see them all!

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Oh I like killing Harpies.. and Ettins.... My fishies get their din din and fresh water, then I water and fertilize my 20 plants in my backpack.. then I go get my bods... like I said.. some find it boring .. I find it restful and soothing. Glad to see someone else does similar things. :)

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Faraus

Faraus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I get outta my lil tower and enter the big black door beside it, DESTARD. And then i go challenge the ancient wyrm mano to mano with my archer!:grin:

Save Water!! Drink BeEr!!!

:occasion14: :succubus1: :new_asthanos:

UO Warrior256

UO Warrior256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
just do whatever is fun to you if u like to make things get a blcksmith tailor carpenter etc. and build things if you like fighting get a swordsman archer etc. just do what you think is fun there is no certain way to play the game.

Jazz

Jazz

The Ravenswood Alliance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
1. Shop!!! Wander Luna and see what all is for sale, buy rare/unique things when I find them.
2. Pvp
3. Peerless.

ZaSheR

ZaSheR

[AAH] Cashier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Run around naked screaming, I'm too sexy for my cloths

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fun, uo