Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Looking for suggestions on a Solo Fel Champ Spawn Template...

- - - - - champ fel solo spawn suggestions template

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Ok, so basically what I'm looking for is a template that can solo Champ Spawns, beginning to end (looking for PSes and replicas more than trans scrolls), but also has some PvP staying power so that I can do well against folks who might want to gank me mid-spawn or steal the champ away...templates with decent AoE power are preferred so that it doesn't take all day to get to the champ.

I have two characters that I do champ spawns with in trammel, and they both do fine there, but they both have drawbacks in Fel. One is a Sampire, which is awesome for the spawn (especially low level spawn with whirlwind), but has basically no PvP capabilities whatsoever, and the other is a Disco Tamer, which does well with upper-level spawn, but is pretty slow for lower-level spawn, and is vulnerable in PvP against folks with stealth & ninja (they just wait until my dragon's busy with spawn and cut me down before I can get my dragon to go for them).

So what's the best bet here? I was thinking either something with necro or an archer/tamer. Are those the best choices?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I suggest something with stealth and hiding. If youre getting raided, they'll probably know you're alone. (dratted ghostcams) necro mage maybe?

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

I suggest something with stealth and hiding. If youre getting raided, they'll probably know you're alone. (dratted ghostcams) necro mage maybe?

I would definitely be open to a stealther template, but if they're bothing to ghostcam me, that probably means multiple attackers, and I don't really expect to be able to hold up against that. I'd be happy with a template that could fight off a lone attacker (or maybe two).

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I'd say Necro/Mage or Necro/archer. Necro to wither the spawn, mage or archer to kill the Champ and fight of Raiders. I'd prolly go with necro archer and run if guild came in.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

I'd say Necro/Mage or Necro/archer. Necro to wither the spawn, mage or archer to kill the Champ and fight of Raiders. I'd prolly go with necro archer and run if guild came in.

What would the template look like? 120 Arch/100 Tact/100 Anat/80 Chiv/90 Healing/100 Necro/120 SS/Any med I can manage to squeeze in? I could just convert my ABC Archer that I never play I suppose. ;)

My bigger question would be what would the suit look like? That sounds like an evil suit to put together...you'd need HCI/DCI/DI *and* 100% LRC *and* LMC/FC/FCR/MR.

Cheers in advance.

edit: I tried this out on TC, and I have a couple observations/questions that hopefully someone with more experience can clear up:

1) I forgot about the part where wraith form needs to be attacking monsters with mana pools to leech mana. Given that 100 str/125 dex are basically required for the archer part, I'm probably going to be working with a mana pool of around 50-60 mana. Does this mean that I can forget about using this on spawns which don't have mobs with mana pools? That would eliminate several of the first-level spawns.

2) The suit is still perplexing me. I didn't try all that hard, but even with an orny and the hunter's headdress and probably 100 heartwood runic charges and a couple hundred barbed runic charges, the best I could come up with was a suit with resists in the mid-60s, 90% LRC (and a baggie of necro regs), 20ish% LMC, 40 (!) DI, 15% HCI (is there a way to make jewelry on TC?), 150 stam, no SDI, and 6/2 casting. It seems to me like in order for this to work, I'd have to haul around two separate suits -- one for single-target/pvp archery/necro damage, and a second for just withering the spawn. Is it possible to create a suit that works for casting and shooting at the same time?

coatesy

coatesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
if you where only going to do the baracoon spawn you could make a Bushido Dexter and run around with a pixie swatter owning the spawn and then honor and enemy of one with a mana / life leach mace and lightening strike him till dead it don't take that long and plus if you get raided if you get good at the temp you can win like 3 v 1 fights with a uber pvp mace :D hope this helps and i didn't just bore you =)

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
What about a necromage/tamer? The suit for that would be a lot easier to build than a withernecro/archer -- my tamer already has the suit, really, aside from the SDI. It'd be good for spawn & the champ, but how would I fare if attacked by a PK? Would there be any real advantage to that, PVP-wise, over the discopeace tamer?

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Necro Archer, as stated above. You need distance for the champs and mass destruction for the lower tiers.

You're still gonna die to zergs, no matter what.

~M

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Necro Archer, as stated above. You need distance for the champs and mass destruction for the lower tiers.

You're still gonna die to zergs, no matter what.

~M

So how would you suit up for this?

I put 100 necro/SS on my tamer just for chuckles, and it's insane. You just tear through the spawn...I miss having peace though. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: champ, fel, solo, spawn, suggestions, template