Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Parrying guide by Belanos.

- - - - - belanos guide parrying

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

mindkrall

mindkrall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I gained from 97.1 -> 120 in two hours in jhelom pits vs 5 unarmed females destroying two spears (which I am 0 skill for fencing) in the process.

This method is exceptionally good.... multiple gains on the screen even at 110 parry:cool

helmi77

helmi77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm rather new to UO and I'm currently working on the parrying skill of my paladin, so I should probably try to follow this guide, but could someone tell me how to disarm guards? I already tried to figure it out, it sounds pretty obvious but I didn't manage to disarm any guard :'(

Edge

Edge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I can confirm the Jhelom pit method still works. I went from 55 to 80 in 30 minutes, with only three unarmed females, as I wrestle with them.. naked.. Mmmm!!

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Quick gains there.

I used junk armor, lots of bucklers, and allowed sheep to maul me for a while. I also trained off of bone knights, but I'm not sure if that method still works as well...

EDIT: Make sure you empty your pack and carry dex potions and LOTS of bandages. Remember carrying a weapon will give a % to parry, but you will need to be vigilant as to not accidentally stab the sheep in the process.

Boosting dex higher will give you a better chance to parry, so ideally using items and potions to raise it will give you quicker gains.

BorikGL

BorikGL

UOForums Content EditorLover of all things UO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
For parry there is another way that is really REALLY fast... if you can use the spell "horrific beast" its a bonus as it gives good HPR.. failing that use a bracelet of health and carry some potions.. OK all you need to do is get a couple of sets of GM made dull copepr armour... doesnt matter what type as any set should take you to 70 physical.... ok get around 5-10 gm made bucklers.... go to trinsic moongate... unequip any wep you are holding. go into combat mode and target as many birds/sheep as you can (about 8/10 should to it) then come out of combat mode.. you might take a little damage but the braclete of health should be able to keep you at full health. if not drink a potion or run away a few tiles and heal. let them all gather round you again and repeast. using this method took me from 30 to 120 in less than 2 hours.

thanks.

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Heh this is a tried and true method but I have always done the sheep pens myself.

Yew sheep pens...
Get naked and tab into war mode and attack as many sheep as you see
Tab out of war mode and equip a UBWS kryss
Parry rises so super fast

kahlansig.jpg

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Heh this is a tried and true method but I have always done the sheep pens myself.

Yew sheep pens...
Get naked and tab into war mode and attack as many sheep as you see
Tab out of war mode and equip a UBWS kryss
Parry rises so super fast

Never use a weapon you are proficient with. UBWS means if you have any melee skill you will BLOCK before you get a parry chance.

The idea is to use a weapon you have 0 skill in so they sheep will always get past the initial "to hit" and on to the "did you parry" phase of combat.

I prefer slow weapons of non-proficiency.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
never used a weapon when training parry, just get a full plate suit made of dull copper and a buckler. Attack sheep tab out. Also while doing this if you need to raise healing grab a handful of bandages and get healing!
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: belanos, guide, parrying