Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Getting unavailable characters back -guide

- - - - - back characters guide unavailable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Posted by Eiraha Wolfsong

Firstly, this is NOT MY GUIDE. A brilliant player who I think I am now in love with called Amano on forums figured this out in official thread. Hopefully more people will see this here. Do the following:

Look up where your "Not Available"-Char was/is when you logged him out or crashed out (for example via kinship-list).
Go there with an alt. It does not have to be the exact spot BUT the name under the minimap / on the kinship list has to be the exact location where your "Not Available"-Char was/is.
With your alt, map out. I don't know if the racial port or ports to your house or your kinship house work, I mapped out.
Log out your alt.
On the login screen, your previously "Not Available"-Char is back !!!

Thanks Amano, once again. I had to do it a few times but there we go. It seems players with no Technical Background and No Training beat Turbine to it, but thanks Turbine for working very hard.

Personally, I would like to make a guess what happened:

I guess its because theres a missing path leading to the eregion part of memory so ur character temporarily does not exist in that area as there isnt an area to exist in, hence 'Until downloaded' and when you go in with an alt, it auto-downloads making the path again.

If this works it means players with no technical or IT training beat Turbine Developers and paid IT Technicians to the answer.

I have no technical background so thats just a guess judging from what I have seen and how it was fixed, but it might help Turbine.

~~~~

and posted by Amano :)

I am really, really happy to see quite a bunch of players get their chars back.
I just wrote down an easy-to-follow guide but all the props have to go to -> Milogrim, Order of Middle Earth, Evernight because it was him who came up with the solution.

Nevertheless, thank you Eiraha Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I think Turbine is working on a fix for stopping it from happening - but this is great for a quick fix to get back playing. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, characters, guide, unavailable