Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Thinking about returning to UO.

- - - - - returning thinking uo

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

Former Napa, Newbie Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Um not too sure... but I want to say I really like your sig! lol

Thanks! Made it myself took about 30 mins once I found the pic I wanted. :grin:

Posted Image

:grin: Living Life to the Fullest!!!:grin:

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

a bushido/mage or ninja/mage will get you laughed right off the field and forever be labeled a gimp and hated by all. The ones that are jumping on that wagon are the archers that got nerfed, but not quite as hated as the 4/6 chiv/mage. evade mages are becoming more hated than the WOD/Archer of last year. I have a guy in my guild who uses scribe, but has fencing instead of wrestle, and this guy is a machine. So I can very well see a fence/scribe/mage do really well on the field. I hope that helped some..

Well considering that Im not the type to jump on the bandwagon with everyone else, Just due to the simple fact that it will more than likely be nerfed within 6 mths if that, Id rather find the most effective Mage out there that will be a temp to stick around for a while. I have a red scribe mage that I will be using again to pk soon but I wanna freshin up the temp and technique so that Im not the one laying flat on the ground. heh
When I say scribe mage I mean 120d out too, 120 mage medi wrestle resist eval 100 scribe and I think the rest in tracking. A fence scribe mage would have to have a completely new suit and a nice no -1 sc fencing weapon that has good swing speed. Plus on top of that with no Tacs, the hits wouldnt be the greatest damage causing. Would have to use that magery the most and get the last hit outta the fence weapon. I personally consider this almost like an old school tank.

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
That is a very viable template, and very survivable. I would tweak it a bit tho and get rid of wrestling and use a mage weapon. I just switched my suit around last night so I could get my swords of prosp goin. It took quite a bit of tweaking, but I did it, and only lost some SDI off my scrappers, and am still 4/6. Your staff/swds of prosp will do 20ish damage and you can free up a skill to maybe add nox or parry. Just for the love of god dont go evasion gimp mage!!! Everyone in Fel begs of you! hehe..

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
my pvp/eval mage is as follows

120 mage
120 eval
120 wrestle
120 resist
100 scribe
80ish medi
60-65 chiv (only 2/6 casting...just for divine/remove mainly)

-i use clanins book and no shield, and carry lots of pots...
main combo is same as old school stun mage...
expl, target, curse, target, cast expl but hold it...run in and stun then target...follow with flamestrike and follow that w/ harm lightning or poison
kills most anyone
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
this template also is good vs dexers even tho u have no parry u can disarm them, cast a gh , drink a gc real quick, target the heal on self.
easy enough to stay alive if you know how to play a mage
and easy to kill ppl....expl fs if theyre cursed and ur 15 sdi will do like 70+ damage
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
the only problem with stun/explo or para/explo on dexxers is they can heal through it, and can usually heal back what you did on them before the next explo. Whereas mages cant heal while stunned. I had a guy do this to my swdsman once, and I just kept healing through it and he just gave up and I killed him with my bokuto. I call it "the mage interrupter" Has 30 hit harm on it and when doing nerve strike, it does 20 20 10 everytime. I swear the harm never misses. I think that those weaps with the 20-30 range hit spells hit more often than the ones with 40-50 range..

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

my pvp/eval mage is as follows

120 mage
120 eval
120 wrestle
120 resist
100 scribe
80ish medi
60-65 chiv (only 2/6 casting...just for divine/remove mainly)

-i use clanins book and no shield, and carry lots of pots...
main combo is same as old school stun mage...
expl, target, curse, target, cast expl but hold it...run in and stun then target...follow with flamestrike and follow that w/ harm lightning or poison
kills most anyone

To me that temp doesnt make sense :< Yes in essence it is the old school stun mage with Chiv, but I have a old school stun mage and the only difference I can see that would help is the remove curse that palis have. Am I just looking at this wrong or what??? Why waste the points in medi to get an advantage of removing curse?

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
it is a valuable skill to have and 80 med is fine, it gives you 8 mana regen, plus you can get whatever is on your armor, considering alot of people wear hat of magis, pendants, and rune beetle carapieces, that is 10 right there. and soon the hard cap will be 18 including skill + items.

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry about that I reread my post and found a error! I meant to say why waste the medi points for Chiv? I know Medi is pretty important. Id rather have 120 medi on all my spell casting chars.

Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
well,...he has enough mana regen on his armour that he doesnt need as much medi.
you'dbe suprised...the majority of the pvpers run around these days w/ 0 medi lol.
I try to fit as much in as I can...but with the ability to get mana regen on armoujr, jewlery, etc...its not as important as it used to be.
The Chiv saves my butt alot. I dont use it for curse and heals so much as i only go with 2/6 casting...but even just being able to divine fury and remove curse (strangle!) is a godsend.
now if you keep the hand free like I Do and carry pots (im particular red pots) you could get by w/o the chiv and not need divine fury...but if you have no0 red pots, and cant divine fury, have fun fighting a necro. Once you are strangled and pain spiked once, your stamina is gone and you are done for.
Posted Image

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I used to be what I was dubbed as a "pothead" I could chug pots with the best of them and stay healed all of the time. A few friends of mine started griping me out and told me to learn to PvP without pots. So now I dont even make them, I have experienced a few times where I wanted to cuss them out because I didnt have that one heal pot or red pot. heheh

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
pots are running wild right now. I love killing people with pots, it helps fill up my kegs in the house. dont ever be afraid to use pots. I dont do it myself, but i love taking others pots.

DeadlyWhisper

DeadlyWhisper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
hehe I dont do it at all anymore Just the way I learned

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
If it works and your comfortable use it. Play your game and if its done well, collect their insurance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I dont mind potion users, cause when they die, they just continue to add to my stockpile. I also love killin the trap box users, orange petal users and apple users. They have filled up my community guild bags nicely!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: returning, thinking, uo