Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

someone rate this taming suit

- - - - - rate suit taming

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Naxatilor

Naxatilor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
In addition to the fc 0 and reduced physical resist, protection also lowers resisting spells by 1/3 or something. Protection is something I use with reluctance

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I use protection on my PvM tamer religiously.

But I have no FC on my suit
And I'm still at 70 physical resist AFTER protection
And I have no resist on my tamer anyway.

That means that protection gives me all the benifits without any of the drawbacks. It takes some getting used to, casting so slowly. But for me, it's worth it.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I guess it depends how you're playing. If you vet a lot, then it's probably ok, but if you're range healing the pet (In Vas Mani) you want more FC/FCR

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Is there a calculator somewhere that shows your chance to be hit by a monster when you have x amount of weapon skill and/or x amount of dci? I've never been able to find one...I'd be curious to know what the numbers say on the defensive values of 120 weapon skill vs. no weapon skill + dci.

Answering my own question, in case anyone else is curious...

http://uo.stratics.c...rmor/combat.php

Not sure if it's accurate, though. According to this calculator, having no weapon skill (or magery + mage weapon) + DCI is pointless: if you're fighting a mob with 120 weapon skill and you have 20 (from jack of all trades) + 40 DCI, the mob still has a 100% chance to hit you. If, on the other hand, you have 120 magery + a no-penalty mage weapon and no DCI, the mob only has a 50% chance. Again, though, not sure if this calculator can be relied upon. Interesting if true, though.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
As for me I like the suit(*wink wink* moving back on topic) but if you could raise your MR and LMC without hurting your other stats I would try.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rate, suit, taming