Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

XShard Transfer Question

- - - - - question transfer xshard

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

FaelynRose1

FaelynRose1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I understand that you can put items in several pack animals when Xshard transferring and have them safely arrive at your destination shard. Has anyone actually done this? Do the pack animals have to be in the stable or do they have to be bonded? Were any items lost? I am a little nervous about putting my precious and hard won pixels in a unbonded llama and hitting the "go button" on the transfer gump....any suggestions or horror stories to share?
Thank you in advance for your help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I've heard you just need to have them next to you when you do it.

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
I have not personally done this but know several who have. To my knowledge there has never been an issue with the packies not arriving on the new shard. I know the directions to do the character transfer are pretty detailed. I am sure if you follow the instructions everything will be fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FaelynRose1

FaelynRose1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you both for your helpful replies. I will begin packing my packies and keep my toon fingers crossed that all goes as planned :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
If I might ask, where are you moving to?
I will also keep my fingers crossed. Good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FaelynRose1

FaelynRose1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am currently in the process of moving from Chessy to Atlantic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
During the invasions it was much more dangerous, because you could appear in an invaded city. That's no longer the case.

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

During the invasions it was much more dangerous, because you could appear in an invaded city. That's no longer the case.

Not really more dangerous, but could have been more frustrating. We transfered during the invasions and it wasn't that bad. Basically you get a container for everything - even your packies. So you appear naked, and if you were to die, nothing would be lost.
We appeared in 'Glow which was under attack. Was basically a hop-skip-jump to the moongate and all went well.

Personally, we waited that extra week for the packies to bond - better safe than sorry (This is UO afterall). We also used pack Horses instead of llamas, as WAY back in the day, llama's had issues with obeying their master.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yeah Thumper, glow isn't so bad. I transferred into east brit =/

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Yeah Thumper, glow isn't so bad. I transferred into east brit =/

Ouch - ok, I could see where that could become a problem - ya got me there. Fortunately we had another party ready to pick us up incase that happened.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, transfer, xshard