Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Legacy Dungeons - still confused

- - - - - confused dungeons legacy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

bebeangel

bebeangel

1.800.0oo.0o0o

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Legacy Dungeons are the original dungeons, such as Cove, Shame, despice, ect.. correct?

As I understand it you can obtain Artifacts just by killing the normal monsters there over time? Or must you kill a boss monster in them?

Does it matter if you are in Tram/Fel?

Also, do the Fel dungeons give more gold/items than their Tram equivilant?

Thank you for your time

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Faster to get the artefacts in Felluca.
Double the resources... same amount of gold.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Felucca dungeons will drop more virtue artifacts than Trammel.

Gold drops are the same, but the Fel dungeons have champion spawns in them.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

As I understand it you can obtain Artifacts just by killing the normal monsters there over time? Or must you kill a boss monster in them?

Any monster can drop a virtue artifact, but I've heard that the drop rate is higher for harder monsters. All the ones I've gotten have been off pretty easy stuff though (mostly earth elementals, while training various weapon skills).

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
The virtue dungeons work on a point system, much like Treasures of Tokuno did. Every monster you kill in the virtue dungeons gives you points, and the more points you have, the better your odds at getting an artifact drop. The drop itself can come off anything you kill in a virtue dungeon (you can't see your point amount anywhere).

In Felucca, you get more points per monster, so the drop rate is better for the same amount of kills. The fame of the monster killed affects the point amount, the more fame (ie the bigger & stronger) the monster, the more points you get.

Every kill you make has a chance of giving you an artifact drop, this is why most people agree that you get more arties by killing lots and lots of weaker things fast rather than only killing bigger monsters which take more time. Personally I feel it is best to first kill some bigger monsters to give you an initial points bump, then move to killing weaker things as fast as possible.

Posted Image

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I personally think you should just go to a dungeon and have fun. I have worked for hours trying to get an artifact to drop with little to no success but if I just go in and have fun beating things up I tend to find a special treat in my backpack more often then not.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
I believe I was the one who suggested that you go to the Dungeons of Sin and hunt Virtue Artifacts.

I said this basically because I view the Virtue Artifacts as....as a reward you happen to get while you're training up your characters. And, after New Haven, the Anti-Virtue Dungeons are really the best place to train up to a certain level.

And some of the Artifacts themselves are kinda nice, and a nice supplement to the equipment set of a returning player.

And that statue and that ankh are something pretty much every active player should have.

-Galen's player

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I agree with Galen. I'm always try to think of ways to multitask. Train a pet or skill, make some gold, pickup hides and get a Virtue item...all at the same time!

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Despite my rather fact & number oriented reply earlier I whole heartedly agree, it's best to simply play and enjoy yourself rather than just powergame a single aspect of the game at a time. You're playing games to have fun after all, not to work on repetitive boring tasks (that's what actual jobs are for).

Posted Image

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Really dumb question .... when did this change/happen (legacy dungeon drops)?

bebeangel

bebeangel

1.800.0oo.0o0o

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Ferenhelm:

If I can play basketball on one court and have fun..

or

Play on another court and have fun plus a chance to win $1000.00

I would rather learn about the court that pays $1000.00 which is what I am currently trying to do. Find the best courts to play in.

There is absolutely no good resource in game to help you understand progression that I have found. (For example a good map system that shows places of skill level)

Ultima Onlines biggest challenge. The learning curve.

Thank you to all for the replies!

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
yeah it's kind of hard. Lots of people say 'Legacy dungeons'...but Destard is a legacy dungeon and it's immensely harder than any of the others.

And newbies think 'legacy' is referring to ML content sometimes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: confused, dungeons, legacy