Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Third Day Back

- - - - - back day

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

bebeangel

bebeangel

1.800.0oo.0o0o

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Today is my 3rd day back after many many years away from UO. I played pre-trammel.

My thoughts so far:

I miss the large RP community and players to talk too.

Most Everything is WAY overpriced.

Without forums and stratics how would anyone figure out all these new little features - in game help is better than it used to be - but still very poor.

The game depends on the community to help learn progression. That is not a great idea with a very small community. My how the map system is horrible compared to other MMO's.

But with that said, even after playing every major P2P and F2P mmo out there - nothing compares to the depth UO has.

What do I want to do Today? Anything. I can do anything in Ultima Online.

Cheers!

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Check the forums out for where folks on your shard tend to congregate. It can differ on each shard. Luna is the "new" Brit bank scene. :beer1:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
Welcome back.

Don't worry about the pricing of things; gold is easier to get than it used to be too. Especially since very recently, when they greatly lowered the weight of gold.

Depending on the Shard you're on, decent equipment is often left at either New Haven, or Luna, or both. This can help you get back into the swing of things faster.

The New Haven noob quests are worth doing; good teaching tools. Sadly, however, the noob artifacts that you get as rewards for completing those quests really aren't worth the time of day, and are often poorly considered. I managed to get that war fork thingie on a noob fencer, without having enough strength to equip a war fork.

After you're ready, head off to the "legacy" dungeons, and while gaining more skill see if you can acquire one of the "Virtue Artifacts."

UOGUIDE.com is great.

Welcome back good luck.

-Galen's player

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
welcome back

Valen

Valen

PRC Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Today is my 3rd day back after many many years away from UO. I played pre-trammel.

My thoughts so far:

I miss the large RP community and players to talk too.

QFT man

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Welcome back. What shard do you play on?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Check you shard forums, here and on stratics, if you want to find some RP. It's still around on most shards, just not as big as it used to be.

bebeangel

bebeangel

1.800.0oo.0o0o

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Sablestorm: LS Shard ;)

I have to admit last night was far more exciting and enjoyable after working hard to upgrade old gear.

I was able to talk to several more people but I think I realize what the differance of today vs omg.. 10 years ago? World of Warcraft.

I was very afriad to ask questions for fear of "ZOMG STFU NOOB" and my fond memories of "Hail M'lord/lady" and such would have been met with "Dud3z gtfo" in my last mmo's community.

But, I started to get the hang of things more last night. It felt odd runing into 90% Tamer/Bard or Tamer/Mage though..

Still a ton to learn but the forums and stratics are helpfull for that.

Cheers to all!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Welcome back to UO, Bebeangel.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Glad to see see things improving!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Just stay out of UHall, it's WoW incarnate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, day