Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Housing Question

- - - - - housing question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mira

Mira

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I recently started on a new shard but left my main characters on Lake Austin. When I tried to put a house on the new shard it said the other house would be condemned. Why wouldn't the devs let you put housing on other shards from the same account? It seems to me that it would give the game an advantage if people would have this option.:huh

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Because then there would houses filling up all the land across the shards by people who never play there.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Exactly Tancred! Plz devs never change this! I have chars on every shard just in case. Can you imagine the housing problems if all these chars could have houses on all the other shards? What a nightmare.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
was a time that we could and some players still have 'grandfathered' homes on other shards ... and it was stopped because of the outcry over housing spots being rare to find ...

Thorodin

Thorodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Right. It sounds like a great idea. You could have a house for your characters on every shard. Except everyone would have already done that and you wouldn't have been able to find one spot on one shard much less 2 to be able to place a tiny little cottage. Everybody else would have already beat you to it.

bebeangel

bebeangel

1.800.0oo.0o0o

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
I remember the old way. Trust me, it was a nightmare.

A few fun nights sitting around waiting for houses to condem with 20 other people to see who could place a house 1st though.
I shall vest my flashing sword and flow a river forth to Thee, teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Ugh even with one per account my shard is full of houses that nobody uses. If all the inactive houses fell, I bet everyone on catskills could own a keep or castle.

- create instanced housing zones (you enter a moongate, pick a neighborhood, and go. Each one can be designed differently, and would be laid out like Luna or Zento, with houses surrounding a central city.

- increase spawn in trammel, malas, and tokuno, adding more reason to explore and hunt as well as promote the housing instances.

It'll never happen - the vets will rage and complain, (and !!!!! out the good spots for stupid amounts of gold, a la Luna) But it is the only way to create easily accessible housing without creating massive tracts of empty land (like Malas).

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
I remember it as well however houseing is not rare at all now and even on the most populated shards there are many many large spots avalible frankly id like to see it again. plus the new expansion will have even more houseing.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: housing, question